Wells Fargo Building Rehabilitation|8 Stories|Approved

Paramount747

I was walking behind Printers Alley with my wife showing her what was about to happen when I happened upon a gentleman who was surveying the back of the Wells Fargo Building. There is an attached garage, and he said they had him surveying because work was about to start, but he was not sure what was actually happening. I told him it was possibly hotel or residential.

On a side note, one of the doormen at Lonnie's invited Barbara and I to come in before the "whole block was torn down!"

Discuss if you wish. I told WW. he is going to look into this for the blog on the Post's website.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was walking behind Printers Alley with my wife showing her what was about to happen when I happened upon a gentleman who was surveying the back of the Wells Fargo Building. There is an attached garage, and he said they had him surveying because work was about to start, but he was not sure what was actually happening. I told him it was possibly hotel or residential.

On a side note, one of the doormen at Lonnie's invited Barbara and I to come in before the "whole block was torn down!"

Discuss if you wish. I told WW. he is going to look into this for the blog on the Post's website.

That better not be the case!!!  Someone should get down to Printer's Alley and take a bunch of photos just encase. 

My speculation would be that people start those rumors in order to delay/stall/derail a project.

If you're trying to save your business, saying "they're going to tear down Printer's Alley!" is definitely more attention-grabbing than "they're kicking us out so they can renovate and preserve these old buildings."

• 2 weeks later...

What I meant was that the title of the thread let me to expect information that is specific to the renovation of the Wells Fargo building itself.  Commentary expressing anxiety about business displacement in Printer's Alley itself is already pretty well covered.

Archived