Where in the US do you like to vacation?

ironchapman

Where do you like to vacation in the US?

City, state, or region is fine for an answer.

I like to stay in the Southeast, particularly along the coast. I also like NC's mountains. Savanah, Charleston, Daytona, Asheville, St. Simon's Island Village, and Kitty Hawk are my favorite cities to visit.

However, I will go anywhere there is a lighthouse.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now that i'm up in mass, i will definitely have to check out cape cod and nantucket etc. my fav. places in NC were the outer banks and asheville.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I grew up on Cape Cod, and have lived off-Cape for the last 13 years. Absence has made the heart grow fonder and I actually really like visiting now. I'm heading to the Vineyard next weekend.

The Russian River area north of San Francisco is one place I've been that I really enjoyed.

Chattanooga, western NC, Cape Cod, NE cities (Philly, NYC), central TX (san antonio/austin), southern Cal.

Go to florida a lot, but rarely out of choice. Not that we wouldn't choose FL, but when you go alot not by choice, you tend not to go back by choice. The exception is Miami, always looking for an reason to go to Miami :)

I like to gamble, so I enjoy going to Vegas for a couple of days several times a year. As for relaxation, hanging out and all of that, anywhere along the west coast. I love to drive up and down the coast on the PCH and Hwy 101. You can pass through San Diego, LA, San Francisco, and with a few slight detours you can stop off in Portland and Seattle. The scenery is amazing especially from San Luis Obispo to San Fran and the extreme northern part of CA through Oregon. If you like road trips this is the road trip to take!

Archived