110 E. Court St / 125 E. Broad St.

gman

Yup, only 5 story's. I think originally was going to be taller but nixed down to current size. Our company will be on 2 floors along with our current building (one connected via the sky bridge). The historical building that we use will be turned over I'm assuming for whoever wants it.

The rendering from Church Street shows it as seven stories.

Nice to see, but should the words/phrases "change the skyline" and "signature building" be used for any 5 story building? I don't think so.

"

I certainly do not see anything really signature about the design. I think the writer should have said "change to the cityscape" or "urban fabric".

But anyway, I think the height will provide a nice layering effect from the East. It's a nice infill development for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Have you all noticed how close the new parking garage is to the Church Street bridge? It's almost alarming.

Yup it is quite close. Especially if you walk to publix and look at it from McBee. I'm envisioning a movie sequence/car chase where the guy is trapped at the top of the garage and boom! Flies over the garage to Church St. and escapes...

Yup it is quite close. Especially if you walk to publix and look at it from McBee. I'm envisioning a movie sequence/car chase where the guy is trapped at the top of the garage and boom! Flies over the garage to Church St. and escapes...

I like it! Greenville, the location for the next Jason Bourne film!

I was only half kidding, but nothing would surprise me.  Greenville doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to clearing out something historic to make way for the latest trend.

It doesn't, but I doubt the DRB would allow a building now unless their structural issues or the building isn't architecturally significant for the area. I believe that building would be. 

Also the historic building where Northampton Wines is located.  Surely someone will want to tear that down to make way for another big bland box.

That building was a brew pub/restaurant back in the day, maybe 15 years ago. I can't remember the name. Anybody remember this?