Beau Rivage (new apartment tower for Fort Norfolk)

metalman

ACF was the old building next to the trains tracks off princess anne road? If so I would have love to see that come to fruition. From the outside that building had tons of character.

this is from the original article:

"Given its proximity to light rail, Ghent and downtown, I'm surprised people haven't shown interest earlier," said Norfolk Planning Director Frank Duke. "Citywide we are 97 percent developed and this is one of the largest areas in the city where there is significant development potential. It's waterfront property."

I wonder if the store garages by sentara and EVMS have anything to do with that. I know if you are not familiar with the area, you would think outside the habors edge, you would think there is no potential from there. It would be nice see this area ultimately developed out with LRT anchoring there. A mid town could def be possible on this trajectory. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived