MAC property near Breton Village

twoshort

Tear down began last week or so.

The addition to Eastbrook went up last summer -- as can be seen, there is still a question of what will fill it. All the same, looks nice.

I hadn't thought of it before your comment, but I am somewhat surprised there does not appear to be too much activity. I wonder if its:

#1: No interest/high rates

#2: They are being selective to compliment the existing retail 

Because, with new retail there is almost always (subs, coffee, cell phone store/repair, hair cutting place, Ameri-Mexican, etc) and I'd imagine this location would be attractive to those tenants.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service stores on the north side of the mall. As Breton is working to become a more upscale shopping destination, repair and hair would be ruled out. The internal traffic was never enough to support a coffee shop (the Starbucks is inside D&W). As to food, it's a steakhouse and Houlihans on the outlots, and a breakfast place (properly up) in the mall.

I hadn't thought of it before your comment, but I am somewhat surprised there does not appear to be too much activity. I wonder if its:

#1: No interest/high rates

#2: They are being selective to compliment the existing retail 

Because, with new retail there is almost always (subs, coffee, cell phone store/repair, hair cutting place, Ameri-Mexican, etc) and I'd imagine this location would be attractive to those tenants.

I'd agree, I bet the rents are at a level as to attract a certain kind of retailer. There are two retailers in there.

And we're talking about Breton Village, not Eastbrook right? ;)

At the most recent city meeting Scott Wierda said they have a national retailer on the line who has no Michigan presence and will compliment the other two tenants (Lululemon and Evereve).  I believe he said they would take most of the remaining space leaving one or two small spaces available.   I'm surprised they haven't released it yet, and it makes me assume the deal didn't come through.

My guess if its a good fit with the existing stores, is that it could have been Zara. Seems like it fits the mold that they are going for at that location.Several locations in Chicagoland, but none in Michigan that I'm aware of at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, twoshort said:

CWD is back on the planning commission agenda for December 8 regarding a site plan change for this site. Anyone have the scoop on what's up?  Meeting packet isn't online yet.

I think it's a pharmacy? Actually, the Rite Aid is being proposed for 2410 and 2420 Burton. Maybe it's related to the 2500 Burton item? 

Archived