757Duke

Top Golf Facility Coming to Virginia Beach

27 posts in this topic

According to the City Planning Commission agenda, there's plans for an indoor/outdoor golf facility to open off Greenwich road next to I-264. The facility is to contain a driving range, dining facilities, meeting space, and house other entertainment. According to the plans, it should have a contemporary facade. See Agenda Item 5.

http://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/planning/boards-commissions-committees/Documents/PC/2014/08Aug/20140813-PLN-CUR-FullAgendaWithReports.pdf

Has anyone been by this site?

Yup. You can see it from the freeway. I think it's all that land that's been cleared off to the right near greenwich, as you're heading from Norfolk towards VA. Beach.

I noticed it today. This area is beginning to build up with new housing and now the Golf facility.

Edited by NFKjeff

I drive along Greenwich Road on a fairly regular basis. That facility is coming along very nicely!

Here is a live construction webcam for TopGolf Va Beach.  It's updated every min on a daily basis.  You can also view other webcams of other Top Golf's across the country.   You can view some of their completed projects.  It's pretty cool ! 

http://www.workzonecam.com/projects/arcomurray/topgolfvabeach/vabeach 

Edited by Brianvb

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm not seeing how much potential benefit this development will produce. It is near the light rail line though! :) Maybe it will get it's own stop! LOL

It does seem to be in a weird spot. I've also heard they may not allow drivers as the range may not be long enough for long drives. I really hope that isn't true.

1 person likes this

It does seem to be in a weird spot. I've also heard they may not allow drivers as the range may not be long enough for long drives. I really hope that isn't true.

I thought it was in a weird spot also but really where is there much open space here. I guess it made sense due to it being right off of 264 and somewhat right in between downtown Norfolk and Vb. I'm no gold expert by any stretch but I'd guess you'd need a distance of what 200-300 yards for driving? From the eye test it doesn't seem to be that far from where the range would be to the apt complex across from it.

I think if the Greenwich Road flyover project ever get's completed it will feel more organically connected to the rest of the area. Nevertheless, it at least has good visibility from the interstate. Upon completion, the lighting scheme will make it highly noticeable at night.

WOW, it will probably be a budget motel though. I'm sure nothing substantial.

Last I checked the hotel was removed from the agenda. I'm sure it'll come up again. Id guess that it'll be associated with TopGolf and I'm sure it'll be something decent. 

I saw it from the Interstate Monday night. It's a really large facility...looked to be three stories. I can't wait to check it out!

So I've been noticing Top Golf lately especially at night and it looks pretty inviting. Has anyone played and would they recommend going?

I've heard great things about it, but that there's a really long waiting list to get in. Someone told me a few hours. I'll probably wait a few months before I go check it out.

1 person likes this

It's a lot of fun.  If you want to avoid waiting then don't go on the weekends.  I've gone twice on weeknights and, while busy, didn't have to wait.  Actually about to go right now.  The food is okay (reasonably priced), but more gimmicky then anything.  Bays are $25-$45 an hour depending on time of day and hold up to six people.  They also have pool tables, a shuffleboard table, a foosball table, and a few Xbox Kinects set up at no charge.  They do charge $5 for a lifetime membership which everyone has to get.  All in all it's a great time for everyone, golfers and non golfers alike.

2 people like this