Top Golf Facility Coming to Virginia Beach

757Duke

According to the City Planning Commission agenda, there's plans for an indoor/outdoor golf facility to open off Greenwich road next to I-264. The facility is to contain a driving range, dining facilities, meeting space, and house other entertainment. According to the plans, it should have a contemporary facade. See Agenda Item 5.

http://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/planning/boards-commissions-committees/Documents/PC/2014/08Aug/20140813-PLN-CUR-FullAgendaWithReports.pdf

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It does seem to be in a weird spot. I've also heard they may not allow drivers as the range may not be long enough for long drives. I really hope that isn't true.

I thought it was in a weird spot also but really where is there much open space here. I guess it made sense due to it being right off of 264 and somewhat right in between downtown Norfolk and Vb. I'm no gold expert by any stretch but I'd guess you'd need a distance of what 200-300 yards for driving? From the eye test it doesn't seem to be that far from where the range would be to the apt complex across from it.

I think if the Greenwich Road flyover project ever get's completed it will feel more organically connected to the rest of the area. Nevertheless, it at least has good visibility from the interstate. Upon completion, the lighting scheme will make it highly noticeable at night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a lot of fun.  If you want to avoid waiting then don't go on the weekends.  I've gone twice on weeknights and, while busy, didn't have to wait.  Actually about to go right now.  The food is okay (reasonably priced), but more gimmicky then anything.  Bays are $25-$45 an hour depending on time of day and hold up to six people.  They also have pool tables, a shuffleboard table, a foosball table, and a few Xbox Kinects set up at no charge.  They do charge $5 for a lifetime membership which everyone has to get.  All in all it's a great time for everyone, golfers and non golfers alike.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived