133 S. Main St. Condominium

vicupstate

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2014/SEPTEMBER/DesignReviewBoard/09-04-2014/CA-14-237CourtSquareat%20EastCourtStreet.pdf

Something similar (but taller) was proposed several years back before the R.E. crash.  Glad to see this come back, although I seem to remember liking the previous design better.  

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if there will be protests again with this like last time?

I certainly hope not.  That was the dumbest thing I ever heard, and I allow just about everybody their opinion on such matters.

If the underground level does not encroach into the right of way, I don't see how they would have a leg to stand on.  Since this has fewer floors, IIRC, maybe that area isn't needed.    

What were the objections last time?  It will be good to see that blank spot filled in. The elevation does look a little boring.  An important spot on the square like that should deserve a little more detail put in, and it looks a little odd that the building ignores the symmetry of the plaza and statue out front.  Interesting to note that according to the site plan, Soby's is in the old Chamber of Commerce Building?

The objection last time was that in order to provided the necessary number of parking spaces in the below grade garage, the excavation would have to encroach on the public right of way.  In other words, underground there would be a small encroachment, but above ground, nothing would indicate any such encroachment occurred.

According to the Gville News article in today's edition, the city DID approve it, despite that objection.  I did not recall that, but I am glad common sense prevailed.  It was not built because of changing market conditions at that time.     

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived