Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vicupstate

133 S. Main St. Condominium

22 posts in this topic

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2014/SEPTEMBER/DesignReviewBoard/09-04-2014/CA-14-237CourtSquareat%20EastCourtStreet.pdf

Something similar (but taller) was proposed several years back before the R.E. crash.  Glad to see this come back, although I seem to remember liking the previous design better.  

Wonder if there will be protests again with this like last time?

Wonder if there will be protests again with this like last time?

I certainly hope not.  That was the dumbest thing I ever heard, and I allow just about everybody their opinion on such matters.

If the underground level does not encroach into the right of way, I don't see how they would have a leg to stand on.  Since this has fewer floors, IIRC, maybe that area isn't needed.    

Glad to see this back on the table! Hopefully their pricing isn't too ridiculous to keep this from happening.

I like the condominium concept, despite preferring a taller version with better distinguished Art Deco details.

What were the objections last time?  It will be good to see that blank spot filled in. The elevation does look a little boring.  An important spot on the square like that should deserve a little more detail put in, and it looks a little odd that the building ignores the symmetry of the plaza and statue out front.  Interesting to note that according to the site plan, Soby's is in the old Chamber of Commerce Building?

The objection last time was that in order to provided the necessary number of parking spaces in the below grade garage, the excavation would have to encroach on the public right of way.  In other words, underground there would be a small encroachment, but above ground, nothing would indicate any such encroachment occurred.

According to the Gville News article in today's edition, the city DID approve it, despite that objection.  I did not recall that, but I am glad common sense prevailed.  It was not built because of changing market conditions at that time.     

UBJ article says they hope to begin construction in November or December. We shall see about that...

So I take it this project is dead?

Just because no one here knows the status?

The 121 Rhett project has been in the pipeline a lot longer than this one, yet it appears imminent.  

Just because no one here knows the status?

The 121 Rhett project has been in the pipeline a lot longer than this one, yet it appears imminent.

There's been no news on this project at all. Not good.

Nice! Hopefully a better retailer than a bank location as Earle Furman points out.

January 2016 completion sounds good! Hopefully that sticks.

Application to the DRB requests a change in brick color. No picture or indication of color was provided in the PDF. 

Application to the DRB requests a change in brick color. No picture or indication of color was provided in the PDF.

Renderings are now up. Looks nice.

Edited by gman430