Gville2012

Link West End Aparments - River and Rhett Streets

67 posts in this topic

I kind of like this. A nice infill piece of property. At this pace the WestEnd won't have any open land to be developed in the next four or five years. Someone's coming out with new plans almost weekly. Its starting to remind me of a smaller version of Charlotte's SouthEnd. Which is a good neighborhood to emulate.

I kind of like this. A nice infill piece of property. At this pace the WestEnd won't have any open land to be developed in the next four or five years. Someone's coming out with new plans almost weekly. Its starting to remind me of a smaller version of Charlotte's SouthEnd. Which is a good neighborhood to emulate.

It appears soil testing has started on this site. Construction slated to begin in January 2015.

Relocation of City Welding Services has started.

1 person likes this

Construction to start later this month: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/53373-construction-to-begin-on-link-apartments-west-end?rss=0

The developers will start construction with city records showing there are 923 multifamily units already under construction, 1,755 submitted for permits and another 492 planned. Citywide, those follow 1,296 multifamily units built since 2010.

Edited by gman430

Good deal! I've heard skepticism about whether or not this will have enough parking for the Green Monster site. Wonder if it will? I'd like to see both developed...

Construction to start later this month: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/53373-construction-to-begin-on-link-apartments-west-end?rss=0

The developers will start construction with city records showing there are 923 multifamily units already under construction, 1,755 submitted for permits and another 492 planned. Citywide, those follow 1,296 multifamily units built since 2010.

This is nice! I like how the density is being built downtown.

Excellent project! It's almost like we're the new Austin!

Electricity has been turned off to the site and parking is now free in the lot until closure of it.

Construction equipment now arriving on site.

Good to see this moving forward! I wonder what their plans for the trees are? They'd be great somewhere along the trail.

Construction equipment that was on site has been pulled off.

I think it was reported that construction was about a year from starting which makes the project in the doubtful category. Correct?

I think it was reported that construction was about a year from starting which makes the project in the doubtful category. Correct?

Not sure where you heard that. Construction is slated to start in February 2015 and be complete in Spring 2016. The developers paid over $3 million for the site. Grubb Properties has a lot of experience in this field so they have no problem getting financing. They're just waiting on permits from the city.

Edited by gman430

Not sure where you heard that. Construction is slated to start in February 2015 and be complete in Spring 2016. The developers paid over $3 million for the site. Grubb Properties has a lot of experience in this field so they have no problem getting financing. They're just waiting on permits from the city.

You beat me to it gman. Just canceling this project out of the blue wouldn't sound like something they would do.

Good to see they're getting serious about this thing. It shouldn't be long now before they really get going.

Not sure where they are taking them, but I was happy to see them uprooting and transporting the trees on site for replanting elsewhere.