Gville2012

Link West End Aparments - River and Rhett Streets

I only got a quick glimpse, but can anyone confirm or dispute that a crane has started to be installed on site today?

I only got a quick glimpse, but can anyone confirm or dispute that a crane has started to be installed on site today?

I don't see one from my balcony but I will keep a look out. I only see concrete being poured for the building foundation.

I don't see one from my balcony but I will keep a look out. I only see concrete being poured for the building foundation.

If it was one, what I saw was only one piece thus far and down in the pit.

If it was one, what I saw was only one piece thus far and down in the pit.

Ahh. I'll take a ride by later today and see if I can see it.

There is a tower crane piece on site. The boom crane installing it just left. :)

Good deal! Thanks for the verification! If they use one for 121 Rhett, we could really have a nice crane concentration in the West End.

Having this crane in place is starting to illustrate how many places from which this development will be visible. I hadn't really considered the visibility from Academy Street until this evening.

Was the crane positioned to construct the proposed mixed-use building at Main and River (aka the former "green monster" site)? If so, then the crane would need to be taller than necessary for the LiNK apartment building.

Was the crane positioned to construct the proposed mixed-use building at Main and River (aka the former "green monster" site)? If so, then the crane would need to be taller than necessary for the LiNK apartment building.

This crane is strictly just for the Link building.