Richmond "Weekly" Construction Updates

Icetera

Is this really going to become a thing? Because I like this thing.

I'm hoping this will become a thing!  This is an awesome set of photos to get us started!  Thanks, Icetera, for posting this and taking the time to run around and take these photos!  I love to see Richmond development in progress!  Let's keep this rolling.  If you have any photos of the construction projects going on in and around Richmond, please feel free to post them here!

• Like 1

I'm hoping this will become a thing!  This is an awesome set of photos to get us started!  Thanks, Icetera, for posting this and taking the time to run around and take these photos!  I love to see Richmond development in progress!  Let's keep this rolling.  If you have any photos of the construction projects going on in and around Richmond, please feel free to post them here!

I promised I would start this a few weeks ago but it has not happened until now (excluding crappy cell phone pictures I never posted).  Hopefully when I return next week from travels I can do my part to keep it going. VCU, First Freedom Center and better Gateway Plaza pictures are still needed for this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics! Love this weekly update thing.

I, on the other hand, actually don't like how the First Freedom Center looks. The prefab brick panels (the lines in the facade are a dead giveaway) look embarrassingly cheap.

How is it that the Belle Summit development, aimed at the affordable and moderate-income tenants is one of the only new construction buildings that uses hand-laid bricks?

• 3 months later...

Patience, my friends. People get busy.

In the mean time, TimesDispatch reports the First Freedom Cener pair of Marriotts (Homeyard Courtooms and Comrtyaed brand) have opened in Shockoe Slip.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/business/real-estate/two-new-hotels-open-in-downtown-richmond/article_773af4aa-d4d2-50e9-9033-cec3f8cd93c0.html

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I live very near the two hotels and I must say that since their opening, there has been a great deal of tourists in the few blocks in our immediate area.  It's nice to see people out and about and enjoying what this city has to offer.  

I wonder how long before the building directly beside the Tobacco Company is developed? (Cary Street side) 

• Like 1

I live very near the two hotels and I must say that since their opening, there has been a great deal of tourists in the few blocks in our immediate area.  It's nice to see people out and about and enjoying what this city has to offer.  

I wonder how long before the building directly beside the Tobacco Company is developed? (Cary Street side) 

This is great news!  Love to hear that tourists are visiting Richmond...hopefully, they are loving it!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Whoa!  Construction photos!!!  Yes!  These look great, Icetera!  Semmes in Manchester...that area has totally transformed.  The changes are amazing and so are the views from that area looking to the north toward downtown!  That part of town has so much potential!  Thank you so much for posting the photos.  By-the-way, which building is the one with all the green construction exterior?

• Like 1

Whoa!  Construction photos!!!  Yes!  These look great, Icetera!  Semmes in Manchester...that area has totally transformed.  The changes are amazing and so are the views from that area looking to the north toward downtown!  That part of town has so much potential!  Thank you so much for posting the photos.  By-the-way, which building is the one with all the green construction exterior?

It is Hatcher Tobacco Flats and takes up the entire block of Commerce/7th between Porter and Bainbridge with the exception of the existing structure for Genesis' office.  Hopefully I can find time to add captions down the road.

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2014/03/04/southside-project-reaches-its-genesis/

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Thanks for posting the pics for the update!  I would LOVE to see this thread revived!!  Got to get a commitment from you locals though.  I think there is plenty of material to post about, so there should be no lack of construction pictures to take!  Thanks for leading the way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Updates of The Locks Tower...still interested in how it will tie into the canal walk.

Pics from floodwall of South Falls site and City View Landing. Another building is going up in City View Landing with 2 elevator shafts that seem to be about 5 floors in height.IMG_20190505_104850.thumb.jpg.eeb40f28d8bae9abf63b641f38ace30b.jpgIMG_20190505_104857.thumb.jpg.549778f0bf0d2d75091b47bd43443c4c.jpg

see elevator shafts.IMG_20190505_112806.thumb.jpg.8921ab6fb40291d4535c4a8cef3571cd.jpg

IMG_20190505_112737.jpg

IMG_20190505_132452.jpg

IMG_20190505_113041.jpg

Edited by georgeglass
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, georgeglass said:

Not a lot to see yet, but they have broken ground and started site work at the Southside Veil location / apartments on Forest Hill.

IMG_20190501_172643.jpg

Sorry, no pictures to add, but this project has really gone vertical lately. Seems to be a solid mix of tenants and will really help the area explode.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...