Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K76T

Downtown parking garages.

3 posts in this topic

Downtown Norfolk has an abundance of stand alone parking garages which takes up valuable space for development.

Does anyone think that city would be wise to tear down several and build towers above those that can support them. I know that one parking garage was built with the intentions of building a tower above it.

Whenever I hear that downtow on Norfolk is 97 percent developed, I wonder who these experts are and if they have any plans to maximize the land usage by building taller and less bulkier buildings downtown. One of our short stubby towers could easily fit two taller buildings in it's place. A perfect example is the Marriott hotel and parking garage. Look at all the space that this development takes up. You could easily put another tower on the garage next to the hotel.

I could definitely see that happening down the line. They did that with the Charlotte Street garage at the Wells Fargo Center.

I think the Dominion Tower garage could work. Either there or the Main Street garage across from the World Trade Center.