Thompson Hotel in the Gulch - 12 Stories | 224 Rooms

dmillsphoto

On 9/15/2016 at 1:49 PM, titanhog said:

^^I didn't know they made a Target / Theater combo. 

I know this is kinda late the topic but I thought I'd share this article on Target expanding into urban areas.  I think if Nashville went to Target directly, it would strongly consider opening a City Target in Nashville.  I do agree as someone else said, the Tennessean site would be a pretty good location.  Of course I still want to see the all the car lots go away from Broadway, so I'd love to see an urban Target Center with theaters and other stores built where Beaman is located.  

Target Might Be Coming to Your Big City 

This Target location is not as fancy as the others posted in terms of the exterior, but it is a really nice location in Northern Virginia not to far from the popular Tysons Corner area.  Target Mosaic Center in Northern Virginia  there is a movie complex, restaurants and other retail stores in the complex.  This would be ideal for the Beaman Automotive lots or the whatever is across the street from it now.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 2/26/2017 at 3:28 AM, markhollin said:

March House Restaurant in Thompson Hotel.  

Looking west across 11th Ave. South from The Icon:

It's the Marsh House, and it is one of the best new restaurants to come to Nashville in a while. They have menu items and ingredients not commonly seen elsewhere in the city, yet it's still somehow seems like comfortable southern cooking. I saw the cast of Nashville here the other night.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

It's the Marsh House, and it is one of the best new restaurants to come to Nashville in a while. They have menu items and ingredients not commonly seen elsewhere in the city, yet it's still somehow seems like comfortable southern cooking. I saw the cast of Nashville here the other night.

They also have an excellent brunch, but suggest reservations and don't use their Valet service.  At least the time I was there, it was a cluster with apparent total lack of organization, took 30 minutes to get car. Use parking lot and walk over. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Q Clothier and Rye 51, a dual concept high-end men's clothier, and Rustler Hat Company will be both be moving into the space formerly held by The Frye Company (boot retailer) at theThompson Hotel. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/gulch-slated-for-dual-concept-men-s-retailer/article_3f8a1468-3d8e-11ec-9cce-2f7d7f49f468.html

• Like 3

• 2 years later...