Walls99

Pro sports teams in Little Rock?

Sports Teams   7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the Little Rock/Central Arkansas area would/could bring a minor league sports team back? (Ex. Arkansas Twisteres(AFL), Arkansas RimRockers(NBA D-League)?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

Just curious about what other people thought about this.

Just curious about what other people thought about this.

Absolutely, though LR has never been a huge minor league/semi-pro town, probably because the demographic is largely white-collar (if I might make a gross generalization).  Certainly the Twisters and the RimRockers had their day in the sun, selling out Alltel (now Verizon) in the early days.

I miss hockey myself.  Attendance was great until they split the crowds over two teams.

I might also note an observation over time of the Texas League membership/changing demographics.  When I was younger, and for the longest time, the Traveler division in the league was made up of Little Rock, Tulsa, Shreveport and Jackson, MS.  Neither Shreveport or Jackson (I don't believe) even have minor league baseball franchises anymore, with both essentially being replaced by somewhat rising stars Springfield and NWA.

I might also note an observation over time of the Texas League membership/changing demographics.  When I was younger, and for the longest time, the Traveler division in the league was made up of Little Rock, Tulsa, Shreveport and Jackson, MS.  Neither Shreveport or Jackson (I don't believe) even have minor league baseball franchises anymore, with both essentially being replaced by somewhat rising stars Springfield and NWA.

I think Jackson Mississippi has the Braves and play in the Southern League.

I think Jackson Mississippi has the Braves and play in the Southern League.

I don't think Shrevport has a team though.