UP Forum Meetups

2014 September Forum Meetup  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Next meet up is Thursday, July 2 at 8:00pm at Birdsong. Coming?

• Yay
    • Nay

2014 is here, and people have thrown around the idea of a September meet up. Fortunately I am going to be in town Friday the 5th and Saturday the 6th of September, and would love to have a meet up. 

Our last meet up did not go as well as previous years, thanks to meeting up in a sports club during the BCS Championship (poor planning on my part). 

This year I think it'd be nice to hit up one of the Charlotte Breweries and support local #cltbeer. I think we would all prefer SouthEnd as a nice central location people could meet at, but I'm open to NoDa as well.

Please Comment and vote in the poll.

Edited by Guest

Is everyone invited? I joined the forum just couple months ago and also I am new to Charlotte. Would be nice to meet new people, especially having same interests.

Everyone, but you... Just kidding. Sure, the more the merrier. A lot of us have met already.

Looking at the polling results, it should probably be pointed out that Triple C closes at 9 on Fridays. Most of the others are open to 930 or 10. Heist runs to 2am. 

**I mention even though I'm tentative for being able to make it - hoping to!

Edited by tozmervo

So it looks like Friday and OMB have won. So what time does everyone think they can come? I was thinking sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 and staying til close, maybe finding somewhere else next.

I'm planning on hitting food truck friday and then training it down to OMB. 

Also, for whatever reason I cannot see who actually voted YES. So Please PM me so I can give you guys my email address and/or phone number so we can talk more specifics.

So it looks like Friday and OMB have won. So what time does everyone think they can come? I was thinking sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 and staying til close, maybe finding somewhere else next.

I'm planning on hitting food truck friday and then training it down to OMB. 

Also, for whatever reason I cannot see who actually voted YES. So Please PM me so I can give you guys my email address and/or phone number so we can talk more specifics.

I hope I can make it. I am scheduled on a flight landing around 10 that night, but I am going to try to get on an earlier one. Probably won't know until I go to the airport on Friday, though. Even if I make the earlier flight, I won't land until 7, so I will probably be joining you guys later in that case.

Since nobody is Personal Messaging me, I'll be wearing Camo shorts, a Navy linen shirt and a vintage hornets snapback. That should be Easy enough to find. 

Olde Meck brewery

7:00PM

Cya there.

my number is 704-534-0186

^You'll also be sporting a hipster beard and summer scarf, no?  :-)

Guess I should mention I have a beard... Lol

What can I say, I live in Brooklyn, am an art director for fashion company, I have an image to uphold. Lol

Hate I didn't make it last night... Be under the weather for the last few days. How'd it go?

Not to shabby, had a couple guys show up, and at least two people texting us that they were at the bar, but they never materialized... lol

Olde Meck's facility is definitely one of a kind in Charlotte, NC, and maybe the South. I can't believe how massive the grounds are.