UP Forum Meetups

2014 September Forum Meetup  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Next meet up is Thursday, July 2 at 8:00pm at Birdsong. Coming?

• Yay
    • Nay

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, carolinaboy said:

I'll be in the Charlotte area for the first time in many years in a few weeks. I'm not sure how much time I'll have for exploring but I am going to make time to go to Superica (Is this the correct name?) because KJ likes it so much. :D

Its pronounced like "SUP, Erica"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, sclark said:

Actually... it's pronounced "Super, Rica" 

Saw a video w/ chef Ford Fry explaining the name. 

That's what I figured.  As a Spanish speaker, I had a feeling most people were mispronouncing the name.  The accent should be on the "i" (next to last syllable).  Frankly, as the name is a combination of two words (meaning super tasty), and the r should be rolled, they should have spelled it Superrica.  The single r makes it look like it's not rolled, which loses the sense that it's a combination of these two words.  So I fault the people who came up with this name with misspelling it.

Okay, enough of that.  Enjoy your time  in Charlotte, carolinaboy.  As another person who reads this forum from afar, I look forward to your impressions.  I do get to Charlotte usually a couple times a year, but due to the circumstances of my visits, my time there is usually too short to see very much.  So I rely very heavily on this forum, and the awesome pictures posted, to keep informed.

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saturday 1/11/2020 works for me so lets say Optimist Hall near Velvet Taco on the courtyard side around 5-6 pm.   Plenty of food and drink to choose from too and transit accessible too plus free parking. 

Come one come all and we discuss Nashville too they have monthly meetups and agendas and so forth.  But don't worry we here in Bank Town are more relaxed about it LOL 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2020 at 9:43 PM, KJHburg said:

Saturday 1/11/2020 works for me so lets say Optimist Hall near Velvet Taco on the courtyard side around 5-6 pm.   Plenty of food and drink to choose from too and transit accessible too plus free parking. 

Come one come all and we discuss Nashville too they have monthly meetups and agendas and so forth.  But don't worry we here in Bank Town are more relaxed about it LOL 

Yes come by this Saturday at Optimist Hall bring the significant others and even the kiddies if you have 'em.  Exciting topics of discussion like new towers, your favorite Krispy Kreme doughnut,  to cap or not to cap etc.   5-6 pm  or so  ( I get hungry early) and you can always bail if disinterested and disappear LOL into the line of the Dumpling Lady. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2020 at 9:26 PM, KJHburg said:

Yes come by this Saturday at Optimist Hall bring the significant others and even the kiddies if you have 'em.  Exciting topics of discussion like new towers, your favorite Krispy Kreme doughnut,  to cap or not to cap etc.   5-6 pm  or so  ( I get hungry early) and you can always bail if disinterested and disappear LOL into the line of the Dumpling Lady. 

Yes tonight come on by Optimist Mill around 5 near the Velvet Taco spot by the interior courtyard.  

• Like 3

This place was a lot more crowded than I thought even at 5 pm.  Lots of people and yes eating outside on this balmy January night.  I hear it is still winter up north what a shame.

Tried that Ava pizza place it was good (a little pricey) but good.  there were barely any seats anywhere in the hall inside.  

OH1.jpg

OH2.jpg

OH3.jpg

• Like 4

This place was a lot more crowded than I thought even at 5 pm.  Lots of people and yes eating outside on this balmy January night.  I hear it is still winter up north what a shame.
Tried that Ava pizza place it was good (a little pricey) but good.  there were barely any seats anywhere in the hall inside.  

OH1.thumb.jpg.02232de35c571563472a1ed48764a2c3.jpg
OH2.thumb.jpg.ecfe29358304397ecccd9843cef89e14.jpg
OH3.thumb.jpg.dfbafa9a27aacf7386f60cea5aa5e254.jpg

Actually was almost 70 in NYC today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, pgsinger said:

Sorry guys, I was at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with my feet in the Colorado River drinking a Lenny Boy Ground Up Coffee Stout.  Any change we can get a mid-Feb meet up?  Or maybe a quarterly thing and do April?

I might, MIGHT be in town Feb 24th. If I can get a job interview scheduled, maybe sooner.