UP Forum Meetups

2014 September Forum Meetup  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Next meet up is Thursday, July 2 at 8:00pm at Birdsong. Coming?

• Yay
    • Nay

9 minutes ago, ScottCLT said:

I too will be tailgating in SouthEnd with some friends. Probably in the lot across Tryon from the Gin Mill. Unless you have a better spot....that's been our go-to in the past.

That's where I tailgated this week!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I was just in that area last month. This is several miles beyond the end of the paved road and every one of the homes there seems unsupportable as one must approach by driving the beach or by boat from the sound side then 4 wheel it to a house. (All wheel drive is not the same, nor is it as good as 4 wheel drive with transfer case). Part of the beach drive is a no stopping zone. At high tide one is in the soft dune sand rather than packed sand and even four wheel low range is a struggle. I was a passenger in a military HumVee converted for civilian use. Night driving on the beach is not recommended as all the dunes look the same plus there are stumps from a former maritime forest still waiting to tear out your oil pan. There is a community of a few hundred  in an area named Carova with residents for a few decades, but the rest are mostly people who want extreme homes: extreme remoteness, extreme distance, extreme experience. I wish this woman and her lawyer only the worst luck. The Twiddy family controls many of the Northern Outer Banks rental properties. Another home in this strip has a helipad. 

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be in town for the Panthers game against the Cowboys, I don't have enough tickets for my wife, so she'll be in NYC. This means I'll have some freedom Saturday Night. September 8th. Anybody up for a good old fashion meetup? Maybe even a tailgate on Sunday?

Edited by Guest

Well what is the best place in the city for us to look out on the splendor of uptown and discuss? The roof of Graham Street Pub? Unknown Brewing seems like a good candidate as well.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ do they have burgers on the menu??

LOL. Good question, it looks like they do. Personally I have a preference toward SouthEnd always, but am definitely anxious to try Graham St.

3 hours ago, CarolinaCrown said:

As long as this does not coincide with my buddies wedding weekend, I'll make it a point to get back into town.  Slipping my mind when hes getting married right now though

Your buddy will get married bunches of times. RDF only comes to town like... a couple times a year. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

LOL. Good question, it looks like they do. Personally I have a preference toward SouthEnd always, but am definitely anxious to try Graham St.

I am in also... that Graham St rooftop and patio show off the skyline like no other spot around (Fahrenheit perhaps),  but I bet it will be a madhouse for a tailgate. 

• Like 1