UP Forum Meetups

2014 September Forum Meetup  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Next meet up is Thursday, July 2 at 8:00pm at Birdsong. Coming?

• Yay
    • Nay

17 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Also at Hamilton on Saturday 

If you see a tall-ish guy that looks like my Twitter pic, with a brunette wife and redhead and blonde teenage daughters.....that would be me.  Say hi!

If I see a bearded dude that looks like he's into architecture and probably pretty good at photochop, there's like a 1 in 10,000 chance it's you, so I probably won't say hi.

3 minutes ago, grodney said:

If you see a tall-ish guy that looks like my Twitter pic, with a brunette wife and redhead and blonde teenage daughters.....that would be me.  Say hi!

If I see a bearded dude that looks like he's into architecture and probably pretty good at photochop, there's like a 1 in 10,000 chance it's you, so I probably won't say hi.

haha. I'm wearing a royal blue suit, so I'll be easy to spot. 

• 3 months later...
Tomorrow  February 12 is my 3 year anniversary of being on UrbanPlanet.  (I usually would miss something like this but a friend here on UP reminded me)  Seems like a long time other times it seems like yesterday.  But I have been following Charlotte development since I was a kid.  I remember telling my grandmother to get on the brand new Brookshire Freeway for I knew where it went (and I was but a wee lad).  Driving down 77 in the family Plymouth  sedan snapping photos with my Kodak 110 camera out the window of the 3 tall buildings in Charlotte.  Riding uptown to pick up my aunt who worked at Belk’s uptown.  I am a Charlotte native, born at Mercy Hospital when the Nuns ran the place!  I moved away with my family to San Antonio, Philly, and DC metro but always came back to Charlotte during the summers. I have followed development in this city since I was little kid.  And I plan on living the rest of my life in the Charlotte metro area.
My 7 wishes for this group:
1.        Be Nice to each other
2.       Treat newcomers gently and encourage them we need more voices and divergent opinions
3.       Keep politics in the Coffeehouse and keep it there.  Can we have a politics free discussion?  For those who want to talk politics do so in the Coffeehouse under the appropriate thread.
4.       Have fun and laugh.  Development should be interesting and fun to discuss.  No need to bring out the long knives.
5.       Take more photos of everything and anything Charlotte related. People are visual.
6.       And when someone asks a question that might have been answered before just answer it again nicely or let someone else answer it. 
7.       Repeat Rule #1
Here is very first post and I don’t think it was well received!  (of course no hard feelings).  Evidently I linked to a story and it didn’t quite work but I got back on the horse and the rest as they say, is history.
KJHburg

Posted February 12, 2016

This tower should be complete in early 2017 according to this Charlotte O article

(The Charlotte Observer December 22, 2015)

By Ely Portillo

Last year, one of the first stories I wrote on the development beat contained this pronouncement from Gov. Pat McCrory: “The cranes are back.”

The pronouncement still holds true, as two new cranes joined the metal forest sprouting between the skyscrapers of uptown Charlotte. They were erected within the last few days to build an office tower and a new hotel, further evidence that the city’s record building boom is still gaining steam.

They join cranes that are already in place building apartment towers such as the Mint Museum project by Childress Klein, Ascent by Greystar and SkyHouse II by Grubb Properties and Novare, as well as the 300 South Tryon office tower by Spectrum Properties. Here are the newest cranes uptown:

Jayvee

Posted February 12, 2016

^^ uhhh what?

Nick2

Posted February 12, 2016

New account just trying to give some new info.

Jayvee

Posted February 13, 2016

On 2/12/2016 at 11:10 PM, Nick2 said:

Oh I figured that. I see 2 black squares on mobile at the end. I thought there was some images. guess not though 

Anyway I did finally figured out UrbanPlanet!  Everyone is the new kid on the block at one point and this makes me laugh. I posted the very next day and moved on.
To celebrate my anniversary and since I am out of town tomorrow (Wilmington) I will be hosting a FREE coffee and doughnut mid morning Meet and Greet at Krispy Kreme in Cotswold on N Sharon Amity Road.  Come on by and look for someone with boxes of delicious NC born and now Charlotte headquartered Krispy Kreme doughnuts. This Friday Feb. 15 between 10-11 and any leftovers I will take the homeless up in Concord.  See you there.  And yes I am serious!  Free coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts what more could you ask for LOL
Just ask for KJ at the Krispy Kreme in Cotswold and I have told them to crank up production.  
IMG_9380.thumb.JPG.d9d9fb0d0885b6d5da39b63e46ed56c3.JPG
IMG_9381.thumb.JPG.fd247c997d751a19503c4683482eae58.JPG

Wish I could make it KJ. If I have it my way (and my wife is on board too) we will be QC residents by the end of 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Wish I could make it KJ. If I have it my way (and my wife is on board too) we will be QC residents by the end of 2020

I will have a box of your favorite KK doughnuts upon your arrival back in the QC don't you worry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

It must be the heat or the sun or a combination of both or the vacation bliss,  but I think we should have a UP meetup maybe at Superica Friday June 7 night 5.30- on and I will buy the first 5 appetizers.  Gratis!   Superica is transit friendly being 1 blocked from the East West Station and free parking is available on the street after 6 or select spots.   If all else fails you can eat at Hawkers or get in line at Jeni's.    http://www.superica.com/charlotte/     

El Sr. KJ comprará los primeros 5 aperitivos en Superica, queso y nachos de pollo, etc.     Come on come all adult beverages on your own tab due to budgetary constraints.   More details on where in the restaurant as time gets closer.  Just a meet and greet and no one is going try to sell you a condo overlooking Legacy or anything LOL.  

• Like 4

It must be the heat or the sun or a combination of both or the vacation bliss,  but I think we should have a UP meetup maybe at Superica Friday June 7 night 5.30- on and I will buy the first 5 appetizers.  Gratis!   Superica is transit friendly being 1 blocked from the East West Station and free parking is available on the street after 6 or select spots.   If all else fails you can eat at Hawkers or get in line at Jeni's.    http://www.superica.com/charlotte/     
El Sr. KJ comprará los primeros 5 aperitivos en Superica, queso y nachos de pollo, etc.     Come on come all adult beverages on your own tab due to budgetary constraints.   More details on where in the restaurant as time gets closer.  Just a meet and greet and no one is going try to sell you a condo overlooking Legacy or anything LOL.  

Wish I could come. But as soon as my wife and I are back home for good in the Queen City, either soon, or later this fall, depending on how the gods of chance bless us, we will have a big UP meetup.

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I have secured permission from mi esposo, I plan to be there :alc:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:
We may not agree on what building looks good or not but we can all still meet up.  Tomorrow 5.30 Friday Superica at the renowned Design Center near Jeni's and across from the future site of the Sup Erica Childress Klein RAM office tower and around the corner from the Hawk that is rising.    See  you there and I will be buying 5 or so of these choices below.  
GUACAMOLE with tostadas, lime................................... 
CHILE CON QUESO
Classic ....................................................................... 
Chorizo ...................................................................... 
Chicken Fajita ............................................................ 
Compuesto (picadillo, guacamole & sour cream) ...................... 
QUESO FUNDIDO
Broiled Monterey Jack and Chihuahua cheeses,
warm tortillas, salsa cremosa................................... 
~ con rajas y hongos................................................ 
~ con chorizo ........................................................... 
~ con camarones ..................................................... 
FLAUTAS crispy chicken tacos, lettuce, guacamole,
sour cream, queso fresco .........................................
NACHOS bean and cheese nachos, jalapeños,
guacamole, sour cream ............................................
CHICKEN FAJITA NACHOS grilled chicken on
bean and cheese nachos, jalapeños, guacamole,
sour cream................................................................
*STEAK FAJITA NACHOS grilled steak on bean and
cheese nachos, jalapeños, guacamole, sour cream....
DELTA STYLE HOT TAMALES chili gravy and saltine
crackers…messy but worth it!...................

Wish I could make it KJ

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...