301 Hillsborough Street

unique1rdu

25 minutes ago, Green_man said:

Not so doom and gloom.  The contract to buy the land was only finalized yesterday (March 23).  Understandable that pretty pictures haven't been released yet.  Developer probably has an idea of what they want to build, but I could see waiting to spend money on architects until everything is official. 

The Sandreuter plan is to release pretty pictures before you even own all the land....i.e...he still doesn't own Reliable Loan and is on the second set of renderings for that site...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

In this article Lundy is quoted as wanting to preserve as many old buildings as it can...they own quite a lot of stuff downtown now. While they don't yet own the Hicks mansion and Flying Saucer building, it gives me hope that if they did acquire them, they would somehow preserve them, incorporate them into the overall plan, ar at the very least, move the Hicks mansion over to say Blount St. 

Archived