Brownstones at Thornton Park

Jernigan

• 3 months later...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the way people walk around with their faces buried in their cell phones nowadays, totally oblivious to everything around them, if that pole stays there, it will almost certainly claim a few victims.

Maybe a sign would be in order...

textwalk.jpg

Of course, those who could use the advice the most would be the ones who wouldn't see it because they'd have their faces buried in their phones when they went by anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

The landscaping around the brownstones is fantastic. The small touches on this really pulls it together.

And I can tell you from personal experience that a dog park adjacent to your condo is a huge boon. I rent out mine in South Boston and the dog park outside is attractive to renters.

• 4 weeks later...

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

This development has really elevated the look & feel of the area. I'm glad the developer didn't take the cheap route. Unfortunately the new utility pole and support wires remain smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk. :blink: I'm surprised OUC was allowed to do this because the wires will be considered a trip hazard.

I walked through here the other night to check these out and the new sidewalks at Constitution Green.  I think/hope that as part of the Green improvements, they'll bury those utility lines as well, at which point that unsightly pole will come down.  You can see in the first picture nite-owl posted that there are elevated utility lines on the Green for literally no reason at this point.

The average price per sq ft for property sold in 32801 is around $225 (listing prices are around $263/sq ft). Each of these units are 3/3.5 ranging from 2,000 - 2,500 sq ft. I don't think the prices are way off for new construction and there may even be some wiggle room on the remaining less desirable units.

Personally, I would have preferred inset balcony coves instead of balconets. Inset balconies would have provided some depth to the upper portion of the building while retaining shelter & privacy. That said, I wouldn't mind living there... for the right price.

3 hours ago, Pete C said:

Around Lake Eola $300K gets you about 1000 sq ft, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and few updates if any.

But these aren't going for $500,000, even now when they still have a lot of inventory left after almost two years on the market. With options like the rooftop deck they were pushing $700,000 initially. I think considering what you can pick up a 3 bedroom condominium in one of the newer towers for and the lack of desirability of the location and amenities, they are overpriced, significantly if you paid asking initially. However, they are finished very nicely other than the IKEA decking on the rooftop, so that makes up some ground. $550,000 loaded seems reasonable if you don't have one looking out onto a duplex.

Certainly an opinion, though almost none of this is correct.  ^^

The Brownstones are custom unlike what they are occasionally compared to.  The particular flooring that is pictured was chosen and designed by the buyer.  There are many different variations of color and material that could have been selected for both the bar and rooftop flooring. This buyer preferred a kiln dried IPE weathered wood faced raised deck tile.  Not sold at IKEA.  

12 minutes ago, steve_o said:

Certainly an opinion, though almost none of this is correct.  ^^

The Brownstones are custom unlike what they are occasionally compared to.  The particular flooring that is pictured was chosen and designed by the buyer.  There are many different variations of color and material that could have been selected for both the bar and rooftop flooring. This buyer preferred a kiln dried IPE weathered wood faced raised deck tile.  Not sold at IKEA.  

Shocking someone with financial ties to the project would disagree. They certainly were not custom in any sense of the common use of that term when I looked into them, although considering the slow sales maybe things have changed. As far as the rooftop flooring goes, it looks exactly like what you can get from IKEA, so whether it is or not is somewhat besides the point. 

It's great for the neighborhood.  Hopefully, this utility pole issue can be fixed soon.  Looking forward to seeing them lit up at night from the new park.  The new park work should be finished around the same time.  Hopefully, the new homeowners association can pressure the City into doing something with the duplexes across the street.

Price is what somebody is willing to pay. I agree that they will likely sell.  Probably to somebody that has enough cash they don't need to bargain shop for a place to live. RE is pretty bubblicious right now, but that doesn't mean somebody won't be willing to pay at that high value.

Archived