DwnTwnRaleighGuy

227 Fayetteville St

11 posts in this topic

Building opened in 1964, I believe. 

So when are they actually going to do something to the exterior of the building?

So when are they actually going to do something to the exterior of the building?

Something appears to be happening now though I'm worried the renderings are hiding the truth a bit. To me, it looks like only the corner pebbled panels are being removed for glass and most of the interior ones will remain with some lights pointing upward on some of them. At least moderned-up mid century stuff is in vogue currently and not just the realm of the dumpster diving, thrift store cruising folks, of which I am one...I actually hope they Mad Men up the inside...

Can anyone in the city give an update on the status of the exterior renovation on this? 

There wasn't much done to the exterior except adding some LED lights that change color.

I noticed there were pretty much no images of the exterior on the building's website http://www.227thisiswhere.com/. That's a shame as the renders seemed to imply grander things. 

To me, looking in from the Busy Bee roof top, it looks like most of the space is build-to-suit. Makes sense in a lot of ways, but also may be indicative of limited means from the builder/developer.