Sign in to follow this  
InitialD

Triangle photo of the day

Does anyone know what’s going on with this building on the corner of Wake Forest & New Hope Church in Raleigh? Construction ceased over a year ago and these scaffolds have been up in limbo ever since. 

42A89F03-0693-40C7-B8B8-A7081E68A889.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Does anyone know what’s going on with this building on the corner of Wake Forest & New Hope Church in Raleigh? Construction ceased over a year ago and these scaffolds have been up in limbo ever since. 

rac

Replacing the siding and installing new windows.  I was actually the one who did the investigation that determined the tile veneer was failing and the windows had widespread leaks.  They didn't give us the design contract though - I think it went to an architect firm out of the Triad area.  With how long the construction has taken, kinda glad we were passed over for this phase.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Green_man said:

Replacing the siding and installing new windows.  I was actually the one who did the investigation that determined the tile veneer was failing and the windows had widespread leaks.  They didn't give us the design contract though - I think it went to an architect firm out of the Triad area.  With how long the construction has taken, kinda glad we were passed over for this phase.

So, is it NOT at a standstill? Because I've never seen anyone there and it looks like zero progress has been made in a year's time.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:16 AM, Justin6882 said:

Snapped this pic with my drone last weekend. View from E Lenoir/Cabarrus area.

04E3C143-DE4B-4EA7-93AF-5E032E2DC5A8.jpeg

Gives a sense for how awesome an observation tower would be at Chavis Park if incorporated into the renovation.

• Like 2