archiham04

Plaza-Shamrock - Corner of PM and NoDa

5 hours ago, nashbill said:

I finally found and bought a house.  It is on Shamrock on the Country Club Acres side of the street.  Shamrock turns into a 2 lane road after Eastway.  I really like the house.  It has been flipped and they did a pretty nice job.  I am on the edge of Country Club Acres and I like the street grid and connectivity of the area.  That is pretty rare here.  Nice for evening walks.  There is no street parking and no side walk on my side of Shamrock.  I think adding sidewalks would make this an even better area.  There is a bus stop right in front of my house that is used quite a bit.  Kind of reminds me of where I grew up.

Got a letter from the city.  They are getting ready to redo the Shamrock, Eastway, Frontenac intersection.  It won't affect my house, but I am close enough that I will see surveyors in the area.  Does this mean they are studying the intersection to make a plan or they are ready to start working on it.  

I think they have already engineered it and are going forward.  If the plan has not changed since I saw it, it will separate Shamrock Drive at Eastway making two intersections about 300 feet or so apart that each hit eastway at 90 degree angles.  This is a rediculous waste in my opinion.   Shamrock/Eastway isnt the best intersection, but not terrible.  Separating will simple disrupt the alignment and make wayfinding worse.  Don't know why DOT can't figure out a non 90degree intersection.

3 hours ago, archiham04 said:

I think they have already engineered it and are going forward.  If the plan has not changed since I saw it, it will separate Shamrock Drive at Eastway making two intersections about 300 feet or so apart that each hit eastway at 90 degree angles.  This is a rediculous waste in my opinion.   Shamrock/Eastway isnt the best intersection, but not terrible.  Separating will simple disrupt the alignment and make wayfinding worse.  Don't know why DOT can't figure out a non 90degree intersection.

It actually is pretty terrible and dangerous if you're on foot.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2017 at 4:58 AM, archiham04 said:

The two-intersection idea isn't locked in yet - it was just one of a several ideas being considered for making improvements. That intersection doesn't really work well for anyone based on its current design, and people don't like the way Eastway Drive functions more as a barrier between neighborhoods.

Was grabbing a quick bite at the delicious Tamales la Pasadita at 3112 The Plaza the other night, and discovered that they blew out the wall next to the booths and appear to be expanding their dining area.  Very happy to see this local restaurant doing well, and hope to see more dining establishments moving into this area in the near future.

Photo Jan 11, 6 29 27 PM.jpg

Edited by IrishCLT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IrishCLT said:

Holy cow, it's finally happening!

Anyone know how to look up these rezoning petitions?

IMG-1747.jpg

2018-021

No info other than rezoning from Conditional B-1 to Conventional B-1. Whatever that could mean.

• Like 2

doesn't sound good.  Conditional is probably more restrictive.  Last thing this property needs is less restriction.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:04 AM, IrishCLT said:

Was grabbing a quick bite at the delicious Tamales la Pasadita at 3112 The Plaza the other night, and discovered that they blew out the wall next to the booths and appear to be expanding their dining area.  Very happy to see this local restaurant doing well, and hope to see more dining establishments moving into this area in the near future.

Tried this spot for the first time today, very good.