Richmond Breweries

Icetera

Speaking of breweries (and keeping our boards active)....

7 Hills Brewery is on my block downtown;  it was supposed to open in February, but things have been delayed.  Everything looks in place.  I hope they are not awaiting the city's hula hoops to jump through before they welcome customers!  

Ditto.  Until Stone opens a couple blocks away that will be my walk-to-brewery so hoping for the best.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stone Brewery: Any construction updates on this project? Last I heard there was some preliminary land clearing going on. Anyone have anything new? Maybe even a photo or two of the progress? I think they are still aiming for an opening by the end of this CY/beginning of CY 2016. I wonder if this is a realistic timetable?

Edited by eandslee

Stone Brewery: Any construction updates on this project? Last I heard there was some preliminary land clearing going on. Anyone have anything new? Maybe even a photo or two of the progress? I think they are still aiming for an opening by the end of this CY/beginning of CY 2016. I wonder if this is a realistic timetable?

Land is cleared and I believe they have utilities ran.  Beyond that not much update.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.  I was afraid that is all that has been done.  I really fear that work will not be done in time for the proposed opening timeframe.

I think the site preparation is a much larger percentage of the project for a facility like this, which is mostly a giant square building with relatively little interior finishing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stone tweaks project to accommodate bigger brew tanks, solar panels, pedestrial bridge

Looks like Scott is getting his solar.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/article_7808f777-f4ba-5ffb-8d9e-5721d75e270b.html

Preliminary site and foundation work on Stone Brewing Co.’s Richmond brewery should be complete by the end of June, with the bulk of the building going up the following month, a project manager told the city’s Economic Development Authority on Thursday.

Edited by Icetera

• 2 weeks later...

Great find!  I'm not a beer drinker, but the plans look great and looks like an awesome place to frequent - real classy.  Love the "Stone Brewing Co. Richmond" logo too!  Too bad the construction cam isn't real time, but I'll take it!  Thanks for the link!

There are others planning expansion and something bigger may be on the horizon as well. Exciting to see Richmond's beer scene take shape. How many are we up to at this point?

I have found 27 (including distilleries and cideries) in the Richmond Metro:

Center of the Universe Brewing Co (Ashland)

Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery (Goochland)

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery (Short Pump)

Rusty Beaver Brewery (Ladysmith)

Extra Billy's Smokehouse & Brewery (Midlothian)

Answer Brewpub (Richmond City - West End)

Ardent Craft Ales (Richmond City - Scotts Addition)

Blue Bee Cider (Richmond City - Manchester)

Garden Grove Brewing Co (Richmond City - Carytown)

Hardywood Park Craft Brewery (Richmond City - Newtowne West)

Isley Brewing Co (Richmond City - Scotts Addition)

Legend Brewing Co (Richmond City - Manchester)

Triple Crossing Brewing Co (Richmond City - Monroe Ward)

Midnight Brewery (Rockville)

Strangeways Brewing Co (Henrico)  

Double Dizzy Brewery* (Amelia Courthouse)

Steam Bell Beer Works* (Chesterfield)

Kindred Spirit Brewing* (Midlothian)

Smoking Barrels Brewing Co LLC* (Midlothian)

Big Trouble Malting and Spirits* (Petersburg)

Trapezium Brewing Co* (Petersburg)

Fine Creek Brewing Co* (Powhatan)

Buskey Cider* (Richmond City - Scotts Addition)

Castleburg Brewery and Taproom* (Richmond City - Newtowne West)

7 Hills Brewing Co.* (Richmond City - Shockoe Bottom)

Stone Brewing Co.* (Richmond City - Fulton)

The Veil Brewing Co.* (Richmond City - Scotts Addition)

* upcoming

Edited by Icetera
  • Like 1

Haha, keep 'em coming! (Im doing my best to keep them in business). But dont give Shortpump credit for Strangeways - thats over by the train station off of

Dabney Rd (just west of Scotts Addition)

Eek, somehow it got mixed with Rock Bottom on my spreadsheet!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently they are not updating the Construction Cam (still May 15) but the structure has been starting to rise in the Northwest corner and the footers are being installed around the perimeter.  I will have to snap some pictures.