Downtown Orlando Pojects New List

sunshine

I am creating a new list so people do not have to scroll through hundred pages. I will populate this list. But feel free to add. 

Proposed

Creative Village

24721579_BG1.jpg

Orlando Sentinel Tribune Project

screen-shot-2014-08-28-at-33403-pm*600.p

New Police HQ

v55bBPg.jpg

Lucerne Project

screen-shot-2014-10-09-at-13826-pm*600.p

Orlando Magic Complex

4036819_G.jpg

Hyatt

Hyatt-Place-Downtown-Rendering-1-608x463

Citi Tower

Citi-Tower-Lake-and-Pine.png

The Sevens

pizzuti-the-sevens*600.jpg

ORMC Hotel

Screen-Shot-2013-08-28-at-10.12.41-AM.pn

Ivanhoe Place

renderings.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also

Proposed:

1. Orlando City Soccer stadium

2. I4 Ultimate project (not very sexy, but seems likley to have a visual impact based on the overpass lighting, etc)

3. UCF Creative Village downtown campus (a long way off, but if we're adding the sentinel property on this list...)

Under Construction

1. Artisan 420

2. Thornton Park townhomes

3. O+C hotel

4. 890 N Orange

5. FH women's health tower

6. Cresent Central Station

7. Lexington Court (I think that's the name - west of I4 by the crowne plaza)

8. Renovation of the Loch Haven Community Center for Orlando Ballet

I just started putting together a map of UC, proposed and potential development properties in DT.  Feel free to update/edit. It's not exhaustive, just what was on the top of my mind this morning.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zVGVn5QTP694.kO16DRHoR7gc

Like this..might want to separate out Proposed and rumored :)

Also here's a map I started a while back and never got around to completing - http://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/storymapjs/latest/embed/?url=https://cba12d33bdb087a9e065d36e7bbeef68f94e1bf0.googledrive.com/host/0B3o2lXXYk8V7NkZ1RWFlc19aNFU/published.json

I can't find this news on his website or facebook page. Can you post a link?

I don't recall this...I did post last week that The Princeton was delayed.

^^

I'll personally believe the Hyatt Place project when I see it.  It's not that simple.  Guy 1 owns the land.  Guy 2 leases it as a parking lot.  If they can't negotiate the deal the way Guy 1 wants, the project doesn't get built...just like the prior proposal from 2007-08.  So, I'd put this as a Vision project.  Guy 1 gets paid regardless- and he gets good rent money too from Guy 2 (and Guy 2 makes good money as well).  I'd put Maglev as more likely to get built.

^^

Might as well put the rest of the RIDA proposal sans Crescent as proposed.

^^

Rennaisance Hotel renovation

I can't find this news on his website or facebook page. Can you post a link?

Well, I can't find it now either. I thought I read it in a report on the MPB 10/21 meeting that the owner or developer had requested the Board to strike it from the agenda. I can't find the MPB minutes either. I sincerely hope I need to proffer an apology and the Hyatt Place is going forward at best possible speed.  

I read somewhere that the soccer stadium just went to arb. If that is the case, they are not under construction and won't officially be for a while. 

Also, does anyone know when they are building the new fire station? I am sure the two are related. 

I read somewhere that the soccer stadium just went to arb. If that is the case, they are not under construction and won't officially be for a while. 

Also, does anyone know when they are building the new fire station? I am sure the two are related. 

I've googled this and found nothing.  Can you be more specific.  I see several articles that mention arbitration back in July before the site was moved.

what does arb mean..arbitration? and if arbitration...arbitration with who?

in other news they are in the process of fencing around the property where the soccer stadium was suppose to be. 

I've googled this and found nothing.  Can you be more specific.  I see several articles that mention arbitration back in July before the site was moved.

It was something on my Facebook feed. I double checked to confirm and it did just go to ARB this month for a courtesy review. It probably has not gone to MPB which means it will be a while before they can move forward. The upside is that they need to do a lot of work on site (filling in ponds) to get it ready so it probably does not matter. 

Archived