Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

• 2 weeks later...

^There should only be another 3 or 4 floors until this one is topped out.  This building does have a great and imposing presence from Bearden and even BB&T ballpark.  I really enjoy the floor plate detail/designs, but hope the parking deck gets some TLC.

Edited by abttown
typo
  • Like 2

On May 10, 2016 at 4:35 PM, AppState92 said:

Does anyone know if the Carolina blue panels going up are the final color or would that be a primer coat?  Didn't know  if panels are painted before or after installation.

I don't doubt that they will attempt their facade/covering. I Just worry about execution. We will see how much the Metal Mesh shows of the exposed deck. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 9.19.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 9.19.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 9.20.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 9.20.24 AM.png

Here are two possible Mural Options. 

McCrory.jpg

Trump-Mural.jpg

4 minutes ago, Synopsis101 said:

Just realized how great the base will be. Didn't notice the brick. Now we need the lot beside it to be developed to make the area very special.

2015-0418+-+3rd+and+Poplar+-+Perspective+2-1.jpg

Also, will the traffic lights in the rendering be added?

The great quality Brick sooths some worries. I'm very interested to see the metal panels go up, and the metal mesh. My only worry is how much that gargantuan parking deck will show through the metal mesh. Honestly, They just need to hurry up and start covering this sucker. I'm beyond interested.

2 hours ago, alb1no panther said:

Kinda Ascent-related . . . 

New coffee shop frontage in Packard Place.  

IMG_0076.JPG

The reno next door with the patio is taking a loooong time, I feel like.

That is such amazing news that I am SO bothered that their shop directly faces a gross cream-colored parking garage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nonillogical said:

^ It's a new and more permanent location, but if you aren't familiar with their coffee from 7th street and Atherton markets, its probably the best in town and they already have a pretty loyal following. Their presence alone is going to inject some additional life into that area.

Oh yeah i love NJC.

1 hour ago, SgtCampsalot said:

That is such amazing news that I am SO bothered that their shop directly faces a gross cream-colored parking garage.

Couldn't agree more.  But isn't this one deck that's considering retrofitting and putting in actual retail?