Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

If you look at their project in Tysons Corners with similar design (called Adair) that is currently under construction, but a little further along, they did paint the undersides white.

Now I am envious of that building.  That looks awesome (other than that parking deck).

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9312988,-77.2405949,3a,75y,208.45h,100.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUhfw6W9QQJjnxbzcFCorsQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by AP3

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

If you look at their project in Tysons Corners with similar design (called Adair) that is currently under construction, but a little further along, they did paint the undersides white.

I passed the Adair the other night in Tysons Corner, and it looks essentially complete now.  It is mammoth, and sticks out as far and away the biggest, tallest building in the area. It is served by the Greensboro Metro stop.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This building is starting to feel like a hot mess... Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm still optimistic about the deck screening, and think that might look cool once fully applied, but am a little confused about the mixture of white to blue/purple paneling on the apartment floors. Are some of those areas still being worked on?

29 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

I'm still optimistic about the deck screening, and think that might look cool once fully applied, but am a little confused about the mixture of white to blue/purple paneling on the apartment floors. Are some of those areas still being worked on?

This is also what is discouraging me. Unfortunately Greystar doesn't really talk to anyone.

07da53e3ace5632f8691a8b6726aee93.jpg

Here is a pic from a few minutes ago. It appears the middle part of the building will be navy in color, with a base built up from purple siding, with a light blue finish, and then a white finish, and then stucco, and then dark blue paint.

The outer areas are not as far along and appear to be the same purple siding, followed by white finish; and then horizontal bars that are now being covered by another light blue siding with dark blue writing (see bottom of building). I assume this light blue siding with dark blue writing will be painted a different color than the middle navy areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm with both the above posters. Prerenderings made it look like a sheer coloured glass arrangement, and here we have metal grills. Now I'm left hoping that when the planters are stocked and the foliage grows out it mitigates *this*.

Or will they switch to using plastic tulips and fake ivy? Y'know, because who cares what they presented to the public and the powers that be to get their project greenlit?  :tw_angry:

• Like 1

Since I'm not going to live in this building, it has minimal retail sq. footage, isn't pretty to look at, and blocks the views of more scenic buildings from many angles in the ballpark/park area..... I think I actually preferred the small parking lot to this building.

Can we just knock it down now and throw some grass seed down.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Since I'm not going to live in this building, it has minimal retail sq. footage, isn't pretty to look at, and blocks the views of more scenic buildings from many angles in the ballpark/park area..... I think I actually preferred the small parking lot to this building.

Can we just knock it down now and throw some grass seed down.

While I mostly agree, there actually is significant retail Shage for the floorplate. It will provide a signature restaurant facing the park. That's a win. I agree the metal sheathing looks absolutely awful and Greystar has had ZERO interest in talking to the media or caring. This was clearly value engineered, but I am still holding on to some hope that when it is completely done it will look better. 

• Like 1

I actually like that lighter greenish color they've added. Hopefully they will put it over all the white sections? The parking deck still isn't perfect but I think it's looking better now that it matches the rest of the building more 

IMG_0160.JPG

Edited by jparkhil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jparkhil said:

I actually like that lighter greenish color they've added. Hopefully they will put it over all the white sections? The parking deck still isn't perfect but I think it's looking better now that it matches the rest of the building more 

That is still under siding.  Will be painted a light color blue.  

This building looks good, relative, coming up 4th St toward Uptown, going past the stadium.  Any other angle proportionally looks all odd.

Edited by navigator319

3 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

That is still under siding.  Will be painted a light color blue.  

This building looks good, relative, coming up 4th St toward Uptown, going past the stadium.  Any other angle proportionally looks all odd.

Oh gotcha. Didn't look up close. And yeah, I definitely agree that the other perspectives all look weirder. 

• Like 1