Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

I can’t wait to read all the complaints tomorrow after college game day about the parking garage with holes in it.  It’s directly shown behind all the commentators. 

I personally like the building, it has grown on me and think it looks great.  The rest of the backdrop/skyline is incredible.   

4 minutes ago, QClifer said:

I can’t wait to read all the complaints tomorrow after college game day about the parking garage with holes in it.  It’s directly shown behind all the commentators. 

I personally like the building, it has grown on me and think it looks great.  The rest of the backdrop/skyline is incredible.   

I don’t know how close people will look at the parking garage with holes in it and then spend time to go onto the internet to rant about it.

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 12:14 PM, GeauxCLT said:

Getting there faster than I thought...I think someone referenced with those plants it would take something like 2 years to really fill in. 

FA63D406-69EB-4546-A5A8-D982B4C44921.jpeg

That sculpture is awesome.  It's lines remind me of the Queen Charlotte sculpture at the airport.  In fact, I'd like to see that sculpture moved Uptown,

• Like 2

On 12/2/2017 at 1:08 PM, SydneyCarton said:

That sculpture is awesome.  It's lines remind me of the Queen Charlotte sculpture at the airport.  In fact, I'd like to see that sculpture moved Uptown,

I would love to see a bigger version somewhere Uptown. Something truly iconic. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2017 at 3:39 PM, KJHburg said:

Biz Journal story about the Ascent and maybe this tower is like what was once said about Eiffel tower you dont want to see it but be in it. Anyway those views are awesome. http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/06/28/a-look-inside-uptown-charlottes-newest-luxury.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=scroll&ed=2017-06-28&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1498678478&j=78463061

LOL, this is an ok/good building, but the Eiffel Tower this is not.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:26 PM, navigator319 said:

Took the leasing tour here yesterday. They are 30% occupied and 45% leased.

Can you help me with the math here? How can they be 30% occupied and 45% leased? Do those numbers not represent the same thing for an apartment building?

Exactly, the occupied % are the units that are physically being used.  You can have 100% occupancy with 50% of those people moving out next week, but if they have already pre-leased 20% of those units that are moving out...you'd technically have a lease percentage of 120%.  Since that building is pretty new, I'd assume a lot of that lease percentage are people waiting for their current leases to end.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

That's what worries me about that building...over the test of time, all 50 shades of blue fading away and looking like that first picture lol.  However, it does look great during Golden Hour, as do all the rest of the buildings.  Walked by it last week and the greenery is there, but it's just so bare still.  I know we're just getting out of winter now and that it takes time, but really hope it fills in...I'm still trying to envision it being lush greenery (like the renderings showed)  and if it would improve the aesthetics of the deck.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Walked by the other day and 3/4 of the greenery/shrubs/dangling plants are dead.  By now those should be lush green like the renderings (being facetious).  But it is a little strange that they aren't in better shape.  At this point, the Ascent is what it is and I appreciate it for being different (good or bad). 

*The blue with the addition of the white painted undersides of the balconies really look good together during golden hours.  It's a nice change from all the surrounding beige. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 2