Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the rendering of this building from 2015 before construction and it has been completed for 2 years or so.  I found this on an old post.  I am just saying by now they should look complete.  Someone drop off a case of Miracle Gro asap at the leasing office. 

I have always said this building looks good from afar especially as said above when you can't see the bottom garage part.  It is a Miami like tower and guess what Atlanta is getting an Ascent tower on a podium parking deck too downtown not quite as tall believe it or not 

Ascent Apartment 2_zpsvgpto273.jpg

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Here is the rendering of this building from 2015 before construction and it has been completed for 2 years or so.  I found this on an old post.  I am just saying by now they should look complete.  Someone drop off a case of Miracle Gro asap at the leasing office. 

I have always said this building looks good from afar especially as said above when you can't see the bottom garage part.  It is a Miami like tower and guess what Atlanta is getting an Ascent tower on a podium parking deck too downtown not quite as tall believe it or not 

You were almost there. The Ascent Midtown is actually located in Midtown, but it is indeed MUCH shorter than the one in Charlotte (I think it's a 9 story difference).  No offense to Charlotte, but I think ATL got the better looking tower. I'm even putting my bias away too. These were the best pics I could find.

image.thumb.png.0d328657ab24960c879d89a483500c66.pngimage.thumb.png.4c4b917917e861b2b90c761050aa932f.pngimage.thumb.png.b20ad2c96f215fe1712ec219c8c32c90.png

Via SSC Atlanta forum

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 3

Here is the one I was talking about just announced in downtown Atlanta Greystar is expanding this Ascent line 

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2019/04/22/29-story-apartment-tower-to-rise-of-peachtree.html    this one is more squared off than the one here in Charlotte.  I actually like the top 2/3 of Ascent uptown .   on another note that Haymaker restaurant seems to be doing well when I walked by there were people mulling all around it and eating outside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 8:04 PM, Ric0_0 said:

You were almost there. The Ascent Midtown is actually located in Midtown, but it is indeed MUCH shorter than the one in Charlotte (I think it's a 9 story difference).  No offense to Charlotte, but I think ATL got the better looking tower. I'm even putting my bias away too. These were the best pics I could find.

image.thumb.png.0d328657ab24960c879d89a483500c66.pngimage.thumb.png.4c4b917917e861b2b90c761050aa932f.pngimage.thumb.png.b20ad2c96f215fe1712ec219c8c32c90.png

Via SSC Atlanta forum

Totally agree.  The one in Atlanta is by far more beautiful that the one is Charlotte. (No surprise) I wish people would experiment more with using brick exterior like this instead of the same ole glass structures everywhere. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Dear Greystar.

as the owner of the Ascent a beautiful apartment tower in uptown Charlotte (which has really grown on me) I know you can make this minor improvement.  Please get some plants that can grow in your planters and I know if this building was in  your hometown of Charleston you would not allow these dead weeds or plants to remain.  You are the largest owner and manager of apartments in these great United States and I know you can do better on this your premier property in the Charlotte market.  You spent a considerable amount of money on this 33 story tower so I know you have it to do some minor landscaping upgrades.

Concerned Charlottean, 

KJ 

image.thumb.png.7492c11646c54faae770111b5debb06b.png

Thought I would add a pic of their brand new corporate headquarters in Charleston. This pic is while it was still getting some "finishing touches", and I can attest to it and say that it looks phenomenal in person. They obviously have the cash to remove those weeds in Charlotte. 

(The pic is my own)

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 3

On 1/4/2020 at 9:28 PM, KJHburg said:

Dear Greystar.

as the owner of the Ascent a beautiful apartment tower in uptown Charlotte (which has really grown on me) I know you can make this minor improvement.  Please get some plants that can grow in your planters and I know if this building was in  your hometown of Charleston you would not allow these dead weeds or plants to remain.  You are the largest owner and manager of apartments in these great United States and I know you can do better on this your premier property in the Charlotte market.  You spent a considerable amount of money on this 33 story tower so I know you have it to do some minor landscaping upgrades.

Concerned Charlottean, 

KJ 

photos from today. Remember your rendering with lush (live) vines cascading down and hiding the garage levels I do. 

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0284 (2).JPG

IMG_0288 (2).JPG

If the current property manager is still there spring time plants are coming. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

well in the meantime they need to clean out these dead plants.   

Is there any sort of irrigation system that was designed as part of this?  Seems kinda naive/cheap/unrealistic to think that plants are just gonna thrive on their own in all these shady little nooks with zero care or maintenance.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

Is there any sort of irrigation system that was designed as part of this?  Seems kinda naive/cheap/unrealistic to think that plants are just gonna thrive on their own in all these shady little nooks with zero care or maintenance.  

They die every summer when the 95 degree heat and direct sun on this building just pulverizes them to dust. They definitely need a lot of watering and need to find an ivy or something that can withstand our winters that get below freezing, but blazing hot summers. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2