Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

People need to chill... If I had a dollar for every time someone said it will start on such and such day but didn't I would be rich.

I'm not worried so I'm not sure I need to chill, and I realize things rarely start on time, I was simply wondering where this project stands as far as a time line goes because I don't really know how to access Accela or whatever it is other posters do.

I didn't even really expect then to break ground this month anyway. If you see my post from Feb. 1st "It'll be interesting to see if they break ground or not this month."

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I'm not worried so I'm not sure I need to chill, and I realize things rarely start on time, I was simply wondering where this project stands as far as a time line goes because I don't really know how to access Accela or whatever it is other posters do.

I didn't even really expect then to break ground this month anyway. If you see my post from Feb. 1st "It'll be interesting to see if they break ground or not this month."

People, Accela is a web site, not rocket science.  Googling 'Charlotte city development' brings it up right up on first page of results....  

https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Default.aspx  

Just search.  Im sure most here only care about UMUD so select that from the type drop down or whatever you want.

Sorry for picking on your post, but just seems once a week someone says this

People, Accela is a web site, not rocket science. Googling 'Charlotte city development' brings it up right up on first page of results....

https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Default.aspx

Just search. Im sure most here only care about UMUD so select that from the type drop down or whatever you want.

Sorry for picking on your post, but just seems once a week someone says this

The link you provided cones up as 404 error and when I google it in my iPhone, it acts up and i dint play on google while im at work. And I'm not one of those people who ask every week. I haven't asked about it on any project except the one with a specific month. Primarily, because I knew from the moment they gave a specific month, I thought to myself "yeah, I doubt that" .

Actually, I have asked about the BB&T project after a year or so of no announcement. And Iveys retail which panned out nicely with Urban outfitters & ... Oh, wait.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

The link you provided cones up as 404 error and when I google it in my iPhone, it acts up and i dint play on google while im at work. And I'm not one of those people who ask every week. I haven't asked about it on any project except the one with a specific month. Primarily, because I knew from the moment they gave a specific month, I thought to myself "yeah, I doubt that" .

Actually, I have asked about the BB&T project after a year or so of no announcement.

Off Topic: BB&T will be nothing but more seats, expanded offices for the team and restaurant space, they were unable to find a hotel that would 1. Lease space for rooms instead of owning themselves. 2. sign on with the parking restraints in mind.

That's probably the biggest mystery of this apartment tower... Why haven't they released an official rendering like most other projects have? That's a little bizarre to me.

They never released any renderings of their development in downtown Raleigh either. I think it's just not their thing. 

Not angry, but I think work peeps got me going this morning. The second guy at work got this fun tool... http://bit.ly/1AhQHd5

I'm aware how to google (you never seen that joke before?) but I'm also not familiar with zonings & permittings & Umuds & whatever.

Is it really that hilarious I'm not familiar with Accela & zonings & what not and I'm not some development journalist with 1st hand knowledge? I'm just simply commenting that they didn't hit the public time frame of Late Jan/early Feb. and I wondered what the hold up is (whether it be zoning or permits or whatever) didn't doubt or freak out or ask anyone to google anything for me.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, but hopefully it helps someone.  I've found the easiest way to use accela is to follow these 3 steps.

1 - open https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/

2 - click "Land Development"

3 - Enter 28202 as the zipcode (everything else can be blank) and click search.

Anything outside 28202 is irrelevant!  haha

• Like 1

Here is what you need.  Personally, I cannot use Accela directly.  However, someone posted a link to Virtual Charlotte.  A simple Bing search...just kidding Google search will bring it up, but the address is: http://vc.charmeck.org/  When you go there, you will see a screen that looks like below.  Expand the "Engineering-Survey..."

option, then check the box for "Land Dev Commercial Projects."  This will give you a county map of projects highlighted and color coded.  Click on whatever project you wish to find more info on.  Below, I have clicked on the Bearden's proposed location.  This brings up a pop-up window with some more details.  Click on the link next to "Project Detail" and you will be taken into that project's Accela entry.

I believe these are the directions people generally have been looking for.  If you cannot follow these directions let me know, and I will help pray for you.

• Like 3

Aren't these the renderings/elevations being sought below having already been posted? Just have to crayola in the colors.

Such a very interesting building! I like that they are making the parking deck so interesting looking as well. It isn't just a blank wall, there are windows and planters, and decorative paneling. I Love it. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-05 at 3.29.16 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-05 at 3.27.49 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-05 at 3.27.29 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-05 at 3.26.47 PM.png

I would have posted this sooner but my CEO was in my office for the past hour.

It should be noted that the back side facing the east will have a spot for a HUGE mural. Hopefully hornets themed ;-).

Aren't these the renderings/elevations being sought below having already been posted? Just have to crayola in the colors.

Nope, not what we desire. We want to see colors, and materials and everything these just give an idea of the shape of the building, really.

I feel like I sparked the bantering yesterday. It wasn't my intent. My original comment was semi-sarcastic with people needing to chill.. Sorry about that guys  :whistling:

Back on topic, it sounds like we may not see any detailed renderings of this building based on past history? That's a bummer. But it sounds like they'll break ground any day now.

In a way, it is something we aren't used to.  Traditionally, we got marketing quality renderings for condo (and office/other) towers long long before anything hit the permitting and land use sites because it relied on the response from the market before they could build.   Now we have an entity that it moving forward on building, and waiting on marketing and public relations until much later in the process.

I think the colors and materials are very important, but at least what we know already, the project will be for more interesting and aesthetically pleasing than Element and many of the midrise beige boxes.  

• 2 weeks later...

So there is a backhoe onsite diging something today.  I don't think it is start of construction, as it is isolated to a single area that is fenced off.  Rest of the parking lot is open.

For some reason when I read that there is a backhoe on the site it made me laugh out loud for a moment.