Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

I wonder what this will do to the view behind homeplate at BB&T, I can't really picture it in my head, but I would imagine it would block some things (not like it matters, this thing looks great).

Shouldn't block anything prominent.

post-29157-0-41271100-1427204089_thumb.j

Wow, what a unique and stunning addition to our skyline this will be! The website says construction will start in "late winter of 2015". This beauty will break ground sooner than that, right?

"Late Winter 2015" has just passed. So, I hope this suggests that construction is imminent and that they are just running a little behind.

"Late Winter 2015" has just passed. So, I hope this suggests that construction is imminent and that they are just running a little behind.

Its still winter here... 25 this morning, brrrr.

What I love about this building is it makes Charlotte 3D. 300 South Tryon, Tryon Place & Mint Museum tower doesn't add to the 3D uptown but rather the linear aspect of it.

Element really surprised me on how big of an impact It had on extending the feel of uptown.

• Like 1

Here's the photo, great find!

3rd-and-Poplar-ID-Presentation-for-0807.

So I've been told the shape of the building is accurate in this photo, however the colors of the building have been changed. Hopefully we can get a updated rendering in the next week or so. Lets hope its not beige.

So I've been told the shape of the building is accurate in this photo, however the colors of the building have been changed. Hopefully we can get a updated rendering in the next week or so. Lets hope its not beige.

I want something loud.

• Like 1

Agreed I want colors, I guess they couldn't do LED lights along the outside because it would disturb residents right?

Plenty of Residential buildings around the country do it. Don't see why this one couldn't.

I'm still a little perplexed by the anticipated start date of this building... While Winter may of just passed, and who knows when that date on the website was put in, it still seems like ground breaking is a lot closer to now than the end of this year based on what a few posters have reported going on at the parking lot where this will go. Anyone in the know have some more insight?

If anyone ever questions the potential for economic development as a result of public investment, all you need to do is point at Bearden Park and the baseball park.

And the Lynx Light Rail line.