Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

Since the name change to the Ascent, I dont recall if anyone has noticed, but Greystar has an Ascent tower in McLean, Va near DC.  If its a cookie cutter design, then she will look like this-->  http://www.theascenttysons.com/photos

No need to Fret my friend. The rendering we posted has been confirmed by Greystar to be the design of the tower, except there will be minor color changes to the facade. I have the Construction Documents on my computer and I can confirm that this will not be a generic cookie cutter building like Ascent in McLean.

Memo

To:           Our Valued Monthly Parkers

Date:       3/27/2015

Re:          Poplar Street Surface Lot

Beginning next week construction of a new high-rise behind Packard Place will begin. Due to this construction they will prepare for the first phase of the project by placing barriers in our surface lot in the parking spaces closest to the fence. The plan is to keep both drive lanes open during the project with only a few interruptions for loading in material.

Please be aware that this may add to the already congested traffic on 3rd Street. You may want to consider using the Church Street Entrance as an alternate.

Best Regards,

Greg Smith

Parking Services Manager

LAZ Parking, Inc.

Like x10000000000000. I am assuming this isn't the actual lot though? I would assume they got messages saying, don't park here anymore..

Edited by Jayvee

The fencing around the site is going up.  Interesting thing I never realized before is the site footprint actually extends above and beyond the retaining wall of the parking lot into the driveway of the autopark by a good 10 feet or so.

This is so exciting, yes I guess I'm a big geek.  Can't wait for this to begin to rise even though going to loose the view of the upper half of the park.  My only slight concern is the blank 10 story wall facing Trademark.  Fingers crossed the planned mural happens and that it works

This is awesome!! They should get vertical rather quickly right (all things considered)? Since they don't need to go that far down for parking???

two floors of underground parking I think.

This is a general question relating to all apartment projects. Are there standard smoking policies in these buildings? Is private space open for any smoking? Are there ever non smoking units desginated. As a non smoker this would interest me more than you might think.

I think in most new complexes they're mostly smoke free in public areas with a large number of non smoking rooms. I know at post (where I live) you can technically smoke anywhere, but its very frowned upon basically anywhere except one particular spot. But yes to your point, it's disgusting and of interest to me as well.

https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=15LDU&capID2=00000&capID3=00023&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE&IsToShowInspection=

New plans were posted/submitted today for Ascent. Not sure if much of anything is different from when it was 3rd and Poplar though.