Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

47 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

How do you distinguish between art and aesthetics? who do you trust to make that decision for you? I might like a little neon pink in the city for some color, lord knows we complain about beige enough. maybe we should have banned all those tacky flashing led lights going up on all the buildings in uptown. 

In any event, you picked one of the areas in Charlotte protected by a historic overlay district. http://charlottenc.gov/planning/HistoricDistricts/Pages/Home.aspx

wait you ate the tacky LED lights too?! I thought I was the only one.

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/22/2017 at 10:52 PM, Seabrooke said:

Well my days of aimlessly wandering uptown taking photos for urbanplanet have finally paid off. My photo made it as a finalist for the #uptownstunner contest!!!! Finally one of my photos of uptown has been noticed. Am I allowed to shamelessly request your votes :tw_grin:

http://www.charlottestories.com/ascent-uptowns-uptownstunner-photo-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=13057

IMG_8241.JPG

I missed out on the voting. Did your pic win?

It looks like someone was on LSD I think the one submitted by Seabrooke was much better. I don't like images like this. Here is the link http://www.charlottestories.com/ascent-uptown-rented-bbt-ballpark-honor-best-photographers-charlotte/   it has some kind of death rays shooting out of the parking garage! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

It looks like someone was on LSD I think the one submitted by Seabrooke was much better. I don't like images like this. Here is the link http://www.charlottestories.com/ascent-uptown-rented-bbt-ballpark-honor-best-photographers-charlotte/   it has some kind of death rays shooting out of the parking garage! 

This was a classic Rdfan21 photoshop circa 2004

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Seabrooke said:

nope, the winning picture was way bizarre. Had some great beer and got to meet a lot of cool people, was a fun event!

:rofl: so true.... I do not understand how it won

Just looked at the winner. Yours was MUCH better.

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I just checked out the winning photo and I don't think it was really photoshopped. Basically, the person took a longer exposure photo, and during the exposure, they quickly zoomed in on the photo to get that effect with the lights. I have done the same thing with fireworks. I never post my pics on here for fear that someone will steal them.....

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/food-drink/article153796539.html

William Dissen, chef-owner of The Market Place, a fine-dining restaurant on Asheville’s Wall Street, plans to open Haymaker in Ascent Uptown, 225 S. Poplar St., the new apartment high-rise on Romare Bearden Park.

Haymaker will serve morning coffee, lunch and dinner with a focus on locally sourced and locally grown food, similar to The Market Place. The restaurant will have more than 150 seats, a bar and lounge, an upstairs mezzanine and an outdoor patio.

Dissen, who has been involved in sustainability initiatives, including the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the James Beard Foundation’s Chefs Bootcamp, is also working with Charlotte Center City Partners to include space in Romare Bearden Park for a community and restaurant garden.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, atlrvr said:

While that is great, there is no mention of hours. Any chance this will be open anything more than M-F 8-5 ??? Not holding my breath -_-

13 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

While that is great, there is no mention of hours. Any chance this will be open anything more than M-F 8-5 ??? Not holding my breath -_-

Well seeing as how its competitor next door is open 7 days a week pretty much morning to late night, I will assume 7 days a week here as well and at least til 11pm or midnight. Not to mention almost everything in 3rd ward is open longer than business hours. I wouldn't worry

Edited by Jayvee

29 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

I think that assumption about Uptown dining is way outdated at this point. Every new restaurant in the last 5 years that isn't in the overstreet mall or latta arcade has reasonable weekend and evening hours. 

35 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

No mention of hours?? It says open for Morning Coffee, Lunch and Dinner. That suggests 7 days a week all day.

• 2 weeks later...