Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

Whooooops.....yeah my fault.

Looks like the top is a bit different.  Is that an addition of a 34th floor penthouse above the amenity room I see.

And yes you are right. 340' for this thing....good height. I am REALLY excited for this mural wall.

Edited by Jayvee

So it's basically the exact same height as Catalyst.  Gotta love a little symmetry.  

Yup about 20 feet taller, and about 10 feet taller that 525 Tryon. We are stacking the skyline....I love it. 

Question, why doesn't the plans for other buildings (300 S Tryon) for example, have elevations like this one does?

Edited by Jayvee

There aren't pics of the mural itself, just the drawings of where it will be.....but as far as attaching...my work comp gets annoying about doing that :/ I can later if someone else doesnt.

Its really a very minor change overall. I can screen shot it if people want me to, but I don't really think its all that necessary. 

Each day last week there were various people in and out of the site. Most are Duke and Pike. My theory is Packard Place is doing electrical work to support a data center and all that work which was/is extensive needs to be done before they build up the lot. I say this too because a couple months ago they hung DC74 banner from the back of the building and that is a local data center company.

They delivered the first real piece of heavy machinery today and promptly used it for 20 minutes to knock down the brick wall that enclosed the parking lot.  With that done and brick left scattered the gates were closed and all left.  At this rate of work it will be 6 years before its done.

They delivered the first real piece of heavy machinery today and promptly used it for 20 minutes to knock down the brick wall that enclosed the parking lot.  With that done and brick left scattered the gates were closed and all left.  At this rate of work it will be 6 years before its done.

LOL. Sorry. That was pretty funny. Maybe they'll drop off the shovels and park the truck to remove the brick tomorrow.

• Like 1

http://www.r2l-architects.com/project/225-south-poplar/

I like the blue much better than the white. Wend28 commented awhile back that it had a Miamish look and I think the blue definitely gives it a south Florida vibe.

It looked good before. In that rendering it looks magnificent. Uptown needs something besides white, brown, and the 50 shades of beige that lie in between.

It seems like the apartment projects in uptown just keep getting better.

A full top to bottom rendering is here:

http://www.r2l-architects.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/R2L1410-3rd-and-Poplar-03312015-low-res.jpg

Greystar's site now has a thumbnail for this project, but it's slightly different still. Will be interesting to see what version gets built. I'd be thrilled if it were the blue.

• Like 1

I would like to personally round up everyone who said the 3rd Ward park and baseball stadium would be a complete waste of money and show them this area once Woodfield, Ascent, The Bearden, The Mint, and 300 South are all finished.

I cannot recall a time in Charlotte's history that there has been this much construction.

• Like 4

I would like to personally round up everyone who said the 3rd Ward park and baseball stadium would be a complete waste of money and show them this area once Woodfield, Ascent, The Bearden, The Mint, and 300 South are all finished.

I cannot recall a time in Charlotte's history that there has been this much construction.

Hopefully one of them has been in a Coma since 2006, and wakes up when all of this is done. :-)