55 West Delayed

depechecureguyorl

I think we have liftoff......

There was even the pieces of a tower crane on the opposite side of Church.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I'm an idiot. Have to offer a retraction on that tower crane statement. I think what I saw were pieces of the decorative tower that has been ripped down. I didn't realize it wa that big.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just added 55 West to Under Construction on orlandoskyscrapers. Hopefully that will jump start it. I also tried to catch the site up with all the recent news. Let me know if you see anything missing.

Jaybee, I know you mentioned 55 West will not be a new tallest but do you have any idea what the new stats are for it or is it still 32 floors/396 ft?

Ok, I'm an idiot. Have to offer a retraction on that tower crane statement. I think what I saw were pieces of the decorative tower that has been ripped down. I didn't realize it wa that big.

Sorry for the confusion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you are right. Wasn't this the structure that was on top of the SunTrust ATM Machine kiosk.

Has the parking garage been closed yet?

Somebody already mentioned, I will confirm:

I drove by the 55W site on Thursday, June 16, and there was a bulldozer tearing up the ground on the Howl At The Moon side of the courtyard. Both sides were fenced off but the HATM side was opened to allow the bulldozer in. It had already dug up a good section of the courtyard which, if I remember correctly, was all bricks... it's all dirt now.

Archived