Other GA Cities Projects Thread

ironchapman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, here another aerial vew of the proposed "Villeges at Riverwatch" still to open in Fall 2007.

59345.jpg

ALSO in other news, It was just announced in the AUG chronicle again that ANOTHER Lifestyle center is under development in Augusta, making this #4 for the area!!!.

So here's what we have now in development

1. Villages at Riverwatch (Fall 2007)

2. Augusta Mall Lifestyle expansion (summer 2007)

3. Marshall's Square (Evans) (by 2008 or 2009 for retail)

4. The Avenue (Richmond/Columbia Co line, Martinez)(dates unknown)

YES, The same "The Avenue" that is already in Atlanta (East Cobb, West Cobb, and Peachtree City), the same developers. Construction and completion dates are still unknown at this point, but development is apparently under way. The proposed location is at the intersection of Riverwatch Pkwy and Fury's Ferry Rd.

Also according to the paper, AUG could really have 5 lifestyle type centers. They are also including Surrey Center as one, which is an older shopping center (built in the 60's). Very Upscale witho some of the most fancy restaurants and stores in the area.

Some of these could be competing proposals... meaning the first one to start construction wins. This is typically what happens in Atlanta when a county reaches a suitalble population level and several developers compete to be the first to put up a mall. I'm not all that familiar with Augusta but if the locations are in close proximity, they probably will not all be built. Just a thought.

Edited by Martinman

Some of these could be competing proposals... meaning the first one to start construction wins. This is typically what happens in Atlanta when a county reaches a suitalble population level and several developers compete to be the first to put up a mall. I'm not all that familiar with Augusta but if the locations are in close proximity, they probably will not all be built. Just a thought.

I agree. I just don't see how Augusta can support all of these retail centers. If they do get built, other established retail areas will close I would think.

I believe so too. The newest proposal, The Forum, will be right up against the backside of my parents subdivision. Of course, in their neighborhood association meeting the other night they voted against it like 46/11. Still that doesnt mean it wont get built. But too tell you the truth, there is no way Augusta needs this much retail. Marshall Square is the one with probably the least amount of retail but will have condos/townhomes/hotel and offices that are already under construction. Riverwatch Commons will be built Im sure, but with that the metro really doesnt need The Avenue or The Forum, as they will already have those shops in the Augusta Mall Lifestyle expansion and Riverwatch. I guess we will wait and see.

Go Brunswick :thumbsup:

Hyatt To Manage $110M Hotel at Liberty Harbor

"Liberty Harbor LLC, a subsidiary of Cleveland-based WWW Holdings Inc., has signed a letter of intent with Chicago-based Hyatt Corp. to manage a 210-room, $110-million hotel. The property is slated to open in 2008 at the planned $1-billion, 110-acre Liberty Harbor mixed-use resort. "

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In Athens:

http://www.georgia-traditions.com - 9 stories(under construction)

http://www.412thomas.com - 7 + underground parking(starting construction soon)

http://www.athensclarkecounty.com/%7Eplann.../RZ2006005e.png -

155 Mitchell St - 7 stories +parking(proposed. this is from their application)

http://www.athensclarkecounty.com/%7Eplann...1JAN/willow.pdf

115 Willow St - 5 or 6 stories (they're waiting for everyone's lease to expire in an apartment building so they can begin site clearing.

The Rialto - 7 stories... (They cleared the block for it awhile back... Proposed)

A few other things have been talked about without much action.

Edited by t7911

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For the record, Macon's going nuts with highway projects.

A spaghetti-junction like interchange is on the way for the I-75/I-16 interchange. The I-475/I-75 (south-end) interchange is going to face reworking. Planners are considering changing it to a complete interchange (allowing you to go from 475 south to 75 north and from 75 south to 475 north). There's also plans for a Jones County Connector. I-75 in south Macon will probably be widened again (and it's already 6 lanes wide).

Anybody else think DOT is getting a little highway happy in Mactown?

No those high way redevelopments are much need in Macon, the city of macon is really growing and just like atlanta when the cities grows the highways should too in order to support the traffic produced by the growth.

yeh but we need em. we really need a city loop so ppl in da suburbs (jones Co, monroe, crawford,houston, and twiggs, peach, milledgeville, hawkinsville) can get to the inner city more easily. it already takes like half an hour w/o traffic to get to tha eastside from west macon. dont try dat at 5:00 or ull be stuck at the spring street bridge. macon is gettin too crowed from atl ppl moving down we need larger interstates. 14 lanes on I-75 is kinda a lot but hey the DOT knows what they are doing and theyre preparing for projected growth of the whole macon metro area.

yeah i think that macon need to a loop to connect the suburbs.

LOL....Macon sounds like Augusta. It always takes a few years for anything to ge4t built because there is always some kind of controversy. They cannot just get a building approved and build it like they do in Atlanta or larger cities...

yes finally some one who agrees with me, that why Macon is falling behind because these citiy officials need to get on the same page and work togther like the do in atlanta. Macon/WR, Peach, Jones, Crawford, and monroe county need to do like altanta and is co -parnters work together to draw in as much development as possible to be sucessfully like other larger cities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

New Interstate in GA for Albany - Brunswick - This has been discussed in various metro areas of the forum, but it has as much or more impact in areas of south GA, such as Colquit County and Brunswick, as well as Albany.

If anyone in this forum has any info/reaction from Brunswick officials, it would be great to hear -

I-22-color.JPG

• 3 years later...
  • 10 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...