Lofts at Boush Street

VBIllini13

• 3 months later...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that this discussion has been had a million times, but the official 2017 Norfolk State of the City brochure specifically states that The Edge at 450 will include 150 apartments with ground floor retail. Were we misinformed before or has something changed regarding the retail component? Or did the brochure just make a mistake? The statement is on page 12.

https://issuu.com/janicehurley7/docs/norfolk_state_of_the_city_brochure_

The brochure was recently published on May 11th.

18 hours ago, NFKjeff said:

I wasn't aware of an office  redevelopment plan for the Savoy. In 2013, U.S. Develolment announced they were going to renovate it to apartments, but after years of stalling Buddy Gadam's Marathon Development aquired the building and is in the process of getting rid of it's lean. Marathon will convert the space into apartments over retail (already leased.)

Ok, I had it mixed up. I think I was referring to the old James madison hotel. I just looked at it again, its actually two pictures and two references in that paragraph. so yea, 151 was an office building, well converted to at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Norfolk should be building more of these, overall it is a good looking urban infill design. My only major complaint is the lack of retail along the street level. That should be a priority with every new building that is built downtown because that is key to making the whole downtown active, not just a street or two.

• 6 months later...
  • vdogg unpinned this topic

Archived