New Urbanism

twoshort

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, I went and visited Cherry Hill Village in Canton, MI. It was amazing. If someone were to do something like this in Downtown GR, it would be a gold mine. Here are the pictures I took:

streetview.jpg

I appologize for the quality of the pictures, but it's a camera phone and I don't take good pictures anyway! :) I cannot stress enough how cool this place looked. It was like being in Eastown when it was new I imagine. The roads were a little curvy for my liking, I'd like more of a square block. There is no vinyl, it's all cement board and wood. The prices are high, but Plymouth, Canton, Novi, Northville are all incredibly expensive places to live when compared to GR. If anyone is in that general area I recommend taking a look.

Cherry Hill Village website

Edit: Sorry, my other pictures didn't work

Nice! Looks like Wysteria Lane from Desperate Housewives... :)

I took a look at the Ravines and did not like it at all. I think they made a couple of fatal flaws. 1) The Houses are 10 feet from the road. Even my first house, a Bungalow on the North-East side had at least 20 feet. I also thought the mix of single family homes with duplexes across the street ruined the charm.

There is a new development in Ada called "Storybook Lane" which will be built in Storybook style architecture (steep roofs, lots of peaks, a mix of building materials). I wonder if this development will look like the Cherry Hill Village in Canton.

BTW Two Short, what is the price range for these houses?

Joe

Alright, I went and visited Cherry Hill Village in Canton, MI.  It was amazing.  If someone were to do something like this in Downtown GR, it would be a gold mine.  Here are the pictures I took:

streetview.jpg

I appologize for the quality of the pictures, but it's a camera phone and I don't take good pictures anyway!  :) I cannot stress enough how cool this place looked.  It was like being in Eastown when it was new I imagine.  The roads were a little curvy for my liking, I'd like more of a square block.  There is no vinyl, it's all cement board and wood.  The prices are high, but Plymouth, Canton, Novi, Northville are all incredibly expensive places to live when compared to GR.  If anyone is in that general area I recommend taking a look.

Cherry Hill Village website

Edit: Sorry, my other pictures didn't work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW Two Short, what is the price range for these houses?

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Condominium Homes now from $159,900! Single Family Homes from the mid-$200s!"

Click here to see some homes: http://www.brucebuildingcompany.com/chv_quick.htm. I like this one, it's $406,900:

image_1_large.JPG

It's for sale by owner, here's the link: http://www.hno.com/property-detail/?propertyID=19841#

Archived