Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

15 hours ago, sunshine said:

A one way bus ticket to miami?

Never understood this solution, whether you are joking or serious.  Tampa sends all their homeless to Orlando.  Orlando sends theirs to Miami.  Miami sends theirs to Jax.  Jax sends theirs to Tampa.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Until you find a place that no one comes back from... this solution is merely a shell game.

Unfortunately, a publicly funded Free State of Homeless People would be the best thing non-homeless people could ever think of and likely the worst thing that could ever happen to the actual homeless people.

On 10/30/2016 at 1:39 AM, W7edwin said:

does anyone know how much of an impact will this building have on this portion of the skyline?

Image result for downtown orlando

well, i gave it a try with the only decent rendering that was close to the right angle to match your pic, but i couldn't adjust the perspective enough to make it really fit.

gives an idea of what it might look like, though...

moderasky2.jpg

best i could do with what's available.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2016 at 0:35 AM, JFW657 said:

well, i gave it a try with the only decent rendering that was close to the right angle to match your pic, but i couldn't adjust the perspective enough to make it really fit.

gives an idea of what it might look like, though...

moderasky2.jpg

best i could do with what's available.

oh wow thanks! I hope it doesn't completely cover Sun Trust though!

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

is the crane base in yet?

Been checking this daily, haven't seen the crane bits going in yet. Looks like they're still doing some foundation/pilings work. There's been a pile driver working on site for a while. Not sure if this holds up the crane or what.

Also worth mentioning that Pine Street was repaved adjacent the construction. No more potholes. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:04 PM, AndyPok1 said:

Originally was going to be 36, it's since been sized down twice.  That's bothered me about this thread for months, but think we need a mod to update it.

Uggh.  sure would've been nice to be 36 stories.  That would have put it in the range of the tallest buildings, just a dozen or so below Suntrust, right?