Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Does anybody know how many feet tall this is going to be? Also, I thought that this was gonna be 22 stories (I could be wrong). So maybe the title of this thread should be corrected.

Don't feel too bad. The original title had it at 36 stories prior to being corrected once already.

So I think a one story error either way is tolerable enough. ;) :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

Is the base of this building taller than the parking garage next to it?

Also, I'm still hoping someone could tell me how many feet tall this building is going to be.

According to this rendering...

gs-modera-centra-building-downtown-orlan

...it appears that the base is going to be very close to the same height as the neighboring garage.

As for the actual height in feet, I think it's safe to say 220' give or take a couple-a few.

• Like 2

^^

I figured this would be roughly the height of Skyhouse/ CitiTower; probably closer to 270'.  anyway...

from that N-S shot, it looks like Modera is the only noticeably tall structure in that block-wide visual swath.  I can't believe they scaled it down so many times.  Well, at least it's- ok, I won't say it...

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

^^

I figured this would be roughly the height of Skyhouse/ CitiTower; probably closer to 270'.  anyway...

from that N-S shot, it looks like Modera is the only noticeably tall structure in that block-wide visual swath.  I can't believe they scaled it down so many times.  Well, at least it's- ok, I won't say it...

Keep in mind, that is a rendering of the original, pre-scaled down, 26 story version.

I only posted it for the base - garage reference.

I reckon bout 250' I guess. Skyhouse is 23 stories and 249' while Modera has that weird feature on top that looks like it is about 2 stories taller than the 22 residential floors. So in between Skyhouse and Citi ballpark. Last 22 story rendering is on page 9 of this thread and on the architects website here: https://www.skiarch.com/projects/modera-central/ 

Is the top of the building going to be near where the top of the crane is now, or are they going to raise the crane higher after a certain point? Building seems kind of short if it's only going to be as tall as where the top area of the crane is currently.

Edited by orange87

8 hours ago, orange87 said:

Is the top of the building going to be near where the top of the crane is now, or are they going to raise the crane higher after a certain point? Building seems kind of short if it's only going to be as tall as where the top area of the crane is currently.

No, they'll have to raise it probably a couple of times.

15 hours ago, Jernigan said:

What's crazy is that you can see Crescent Lucerne in the background.  It almost looks like it's 2 blocks away in the photo but that's it 

I saw Crescent Lucerne from the Plaza parking garage window from the other side- the first time I was confused at what I was looking at because I didn't expect for it to be in my face.  But it's in the the line of sight.  based on this, it would have been nice if it was 20 stories, but, whatever, it's getting an Earth Fare and that's huge for downtown.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...