Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

the great thing about this building, is that, for example, The Citrus Club, is at the top of the CNA Center (Citrus Bldg?).  Well, the "other" Citrus Clubs around the country are in places, like, the two tallest buildings in Chicago, soon to be in the Freedom Tower, in one of those two black twin bldgs from the early '70's in LA, etc.  It's impressive.  The University Club, now, when members or prospective members from around the country look to see where the Orlando location is, will no longer say that it used to be in an afterthought piece of crap single story house next to a 7-Eleven and the homeless and crackheads.  Now, they can say it's fairly way up in a nice new building- with a view of the lake (next to a 7-Eleven and the homeless and crackheads).

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

the great thing about this building, is that, for example, The Citrus Club, is at the top of the CNA Center (Citrus Bldg?).  Well, the "other" Citrus Clubs around the country are in places, like, the two tallest buildings in Chicago, soon to be in the Freedom Tower, in one of those two black twin bldgs from the early '70's in LA, etc.  It's impressive.  The University Club, now, when members or prospective members from around the country look to see where the Orlando location is, will no longer say that it used to be in an afterthought piece of crap single story house next to a 7-Eleven and the homeless and crackheads.  Now, they can say it's fairly way up in a nice new building- with a view of the lake (next to a 7-Eleven and the homeless and crackheads).

I totally agree. It was difficult to take the University Club seriously at it's previous location. Like you said, it was a crappy one-story building near a bum infested 7-Eleven corner.

• Like 1

So which floor of Modera is it going to be on?

If it's not top floor, penthouse level, it's kind of a 2nd rate location too.

I would think they'd be better off from a prestige standpoint, being on the ground floor of the garage with a nice, impressive looking street level main entrance.

Judging from this rendering...

modera-centralbuilding-rendering-for-rel

.it looks like it might be going in the ground floor.

29 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

So which floor of Modera is it going to be on?

If it's not top floor, penthouse level, it's kind of a 2nd rate location too.

I would think they'd be better off from a prestige standpoint, being on the ground floor of the garage with a nice, impressive looking street level main entrance.

Judging from this rendering...

It looks like it might be going in the ground floor.

When you compare this to where they were before, there's no comparison. I guess it could be better, but at least this looks like a legitimate location now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, orange87 said:

When you compare this to where they were before, there's no comparison. I guess it could be better, but at least this looks like a legitimate location now.

It's absolutely better digs. I think the ground floor or second floor is better than up in the tower anyway. Especially in a nice looking new, modern building like that.

2 hours ago, alex said:

Quick shot from across the lake:

IMG_5415.thumb.JPG.1bd72257d1dd0e89806e47f7f89f9873.JPG

Ok.  I just visually superimposed another 14 levels above the level currently u/c in that shot from this angle, and it looks like if Modera were topped off, it would appear to be the height of Solaire to the west, with that two story structure on the left or southern wing of the "L" of the tower going up even higher.  Citrus Center and Signature Plaza (Regions?) would disappear.  You would only see Solaire to the right a little bit.

Big visual impact on Eola.

There was once a proposal for the corner of Central / Court (the building where BankUnited is currently occupied) for a tall, slender high-rise.  This building would have towered over Heritage Square and had great views from Lake Eola.  I still hold out hope that a buyer will develop this underutilized prime location in the CBD.

• Like 1