Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

10 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Modera Perspective

20170911_135100.jpg

/Why yes I was laying on the sidewalk downtown a block away from the 7-11. Don't judge me! LOL. 

Don't feel bad. Many years ago during a trip to NYC, I took pictures of the Empire State Building and the WTC from the same perspective, lying on my back on the sidewalk.

Of course, in NYC you run a much higher risk of being walked across like a door mat than here in Orlando. 

2 hours ago, uncreativeusername said:

Is this a commentary on NYC foot traffic or NYC assholery?  ;)

I love NYC and they WILL walk across your body.  I'm going to test this out; nest time I go, I'm going to do a "die in" and lay across one of the sidewalks near ESB, maybe in front of Uniqlo, and see what happens.  I'll wear a neutral colored shirt.

21 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Is Modera visible from I-4 yet?

LMFAO.  As I was passing Central Ave on I-4 WB this am, as I was looking east at the Modera construction site, and as I have been continuously watching it steadily approach the Capital Plaza buildings in height over the past months, I thought, I bet orange87 would be interested in this view from my car right now.  And sure enough, I log onto UP, and, wala!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

I'm all for more hi-rises, but geezus do they ALL have to be short and stumpy???

As long as a building is at least 20 stories, that's good enough for me. That being said, I wish we could finally get our first 500 foot tower. 441 feet has been our tallest building since 1988. Someone needs to build something taller than that (in downtown).

• Like 1

Nobody needs to build taller.  If they needed to they would have.  Anyway, a 500' thing would only make what we now  have look small.  What I  like to see, and what I am seeing is increasing the density of the CBD and that looks great.  And, looking around, there's plenty of space to more than double the density of the current CBD at existing heights, without even expanding the footprint.  Although, as mentioned, converting some surface lots to green space would be nice, too.  If the current residential/office ratio continues, that's a lot of boots on the ground, bellies in bars, or butts in ....   In time the CBD footprint will expand to CV and along the sports corridor.