Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

I don't think it is that bad, just think it will look better from a different angle. From the lake side it will look a lot different with the deck on the pedestal. I will reserve judgment until I see the final version with the crown and everything from different angles and from the ground scale. It's no Citi Tower, however!

It should look much better when all the exterior skin goes on and the crown on top is completed.

But it's probably still gonna look stumpy from most angles, including from across the lake. 

OTOH, it should look pretty impressive in aerial photographs.

I imagine the best ground viewing angle will be from very close to the base looking up at a sharp angle.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 2:40 PM, JFW657 said:

It should look much better when all the exterior skin goes on and the crown on top is completed.

But it's probably still gonna look stumpy from most angles, including from across the lake. 

OTOH, it should look pretty impressive in aerial photographs.

I imagine the best ground viewing angle will be from very close to the base looking up at a sharp angle.

It should’ve been taller.  It’s west of Rosalind and should’ve been taller.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, orange87 said:

I think the fact that Solaire towers over Modera despite being far behind it really makes Modera look even shorter than it already would.

It makes Solaire look like a monster.  Interesting how scale comes into play here, in 2017, compared to what they were building back during the boom.

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

On a side note, the Lake Eola bandshell looks absolutely terrible from this view.  The city has a dismal record in keeping it clean and with a fresh coat of paint.

At such a prominent location, I think a case can be made to clad the shell in copper and allow it to age gracefully.

The city does not seem to be serious about programming it. It would seem like some one from DDP (or maybe it's time to make Eola a Main St. district) could take charge of programming and maintenance. There were more events there when I was a kid than there are now.

Edited by spenser1058

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, gibby said:

I'm counting 23, since the first floor has a mezzanine area.  It looks like it matches the elevations on the MPB approval exactly.  Hopefully, the cube element on top will get going soon.

Same here.

The first floor is actually two floors, making the pedestal a total of seven floors.

Next, the cap will go on top of the south wing which will add a couple more floors of height to that portion.

13 minutes ago, bqknight said:

The building looks fine. No idea why people are complaining about this one. It looks great while you're DT. 

While it's not exactly what I (or many others of us) would have preferred, it's not terrible either. A little stumpy? Yeah, but much of that depends on the angle you're viewing it from. For such a relatively wide and low design, it still manages to look a little stretched out from most vantage points.