Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

Here's the final rendering. Looks about 2 stories, but of note, is only on the Southern wing, which I like more, because it breaks up the building and makes it look like less of a giant block. Plus you will still be able to see Solaire and Suntrust over the western wing. Additionally, it looks like it is 22 stories but with an extra large first floor. 

Modera-Central-1_cropped-1.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those are nice pics and all, but once again, unfortunately, it's another building that doesn't significantly alter the view from certain vantage points. I hate to harp on the old height (or lack of it) issue, but looking at the two above pics, even though one can obviously see there's a new building there, it's still basically the same view as before. At least from that angle. You see it, but you don't. Not like the drastic, noticeable change there would be if the new building towered above everything else. I dunno.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Yeah, it would have been nice if they kept this at 26 floors. That being said, pictures don't do this justice. This looks a lot taller in real life. This actually does a good job at filling two gaps.

The first gap is when you look south down N. Rosalind from the area around The Vue at Lake Eola. Prior to Modera being built, there was nothing of decent height from there all the way down to Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts.

The second gap is between that strip of buildings between Central Blvd and Pine Street. There used to be a huge gap when looking East from I-4 in that direction.

There are probably other ones I haven't noticed yet. This one actually is a very good contribution to our skyline. Anything at least 20 floors is good in my book. 20 floors is what I consider "legitimate" height (by Orlando standards).

Yes, the view from Rosalind, looking both north and south, is pretty impressive. :thumbsup: