bic

Modera Central | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Tim3167    37

Yeah count me as disappointed. There were some hints dropped early on that we would be impressed and it had a good sense of height. Neither are true.

FLClarkKent    146

It's not terrible. When you look at it from its narrow sides, it looks OK. But...

Straight on, it's rather boxy. And contrary to the film "Arthur," boxy isn't always good.

And what's with the sad, drab gray?

Finally, the design just has a "been there, done that" look to it. Nothing new or interesting (save for the color of the crown).

Edited by FLClarkKent

They changed the plans a lot from what I saw a few months ago. U-Club corner used to have this very cool balcony thing which is now gone it looks like. Huge disappointment, especially with what is across the street.

Plus I hate the name.

John Hargrove    655

Seems like the ratio of surface area occupied to usable space is deceptively low here. It could occupy a fraction of the space it does with a little added height? Why sit a (rather short) tower on top of a massive parking deck?

I hate this thing: 

oDBCnAS.png\

Looks like the building's bones are showing. 

Meh, I don't mind it.  I realize I don't have to love everything that gets put up.  It's not going to be a centerpiece of the skyline or  tremendously visible from the I4 gateway like the proposed hotel by Chruch St Station.  I'm just happy to see some more high rise density in the core - especially one that already has a cornerstone tenant (the club).

gibby    198

I think they did a great job on the ground level.  Having the residential entrance at Pine and Rosalind will be nice.

prahaboheme    673

I think they did a great job on the ground level.  Having the residential entrance at Pine and Rosalind will be nice.

I agree -- I may be one of the few who doesn't hate this building.

I was never a huge TT fan, though.

jgardnerucf    103

I agree -- I may be one of the few who doesn't hate this building.

I was never a huge TT fan, though.

Gonna have a dumb view of Lake Eola now...

sunshine    253

I wonder what would happened if they develop the garage west to it. Since this tower is putting West facing balcony/windows, do they also buy the air rights of the garage?

gibby    198

It's a City garage so I'm sure they tried to work something out with them.  I was thinking about that exact issue when I looked at the rendering.

FLheat    69

It's a City garage so I'm sure they tried to work something out with them.  I was thinking about that exact issue when I looked at the rendering.

I recall Tradition Towers was buying the air rights over the parking garage 6 or 7 years ago for several hundred thousand dollars.

jrs2    376

I think the design is nicer than Solaire.  I wonder if the Solaire penthouses will still have a view of the lake.

Jernigan    1002

The Daily City is live tweeting from MPB.   Modera just passed.  Some comments from the tweets:

- City Transportation said garage won't affect traffic congestion...crowd had verbal reaction

- citizen said U Club has history of racism and that the building is as ugly as the history of the club 

- parking garage is point of contention - U Club would get their own entrance and own valet/drop off spot

W7edwin    44

The Daily City is live tweeting from MPB.   Modera just passed.  Some comments from the tweets:

- citizen said U Club has history of racism and that the building is as ugly as the history of the club 

lmaoo what

• Like 1