Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

4 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Lymmo isn’t going to compensate if you have a problem with being around homeless 

Absolutely not, but one of the better amenities is not having to drive around downtown . The homeless will be there, the lymmo line may not. I look at it as a benefit. I wish I had the fund to live downtown.

15 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

It also looks like they are going with the better of the two renderings that were floating around. I was worried the base was going to have that overly stylized white & blue facade. Looks like they opted for the glass paneling over the garage area instead.

I certainly hope so, but I'm still holding my breath.  The one portion with glass installed so far is glass in both versions of the renderings - the other portions remain to be seen.  The actual Modera website still shows the blue and white rendering.  

Edited by uncreativeusername

43 minutes ago, uncreativeusername said:

I certainly hope so, but I'm still holding my breath.  The one portion with glass installed so far is glass in both versions of the renderings - the other portions remain to be seen.  The actual Modera website still shows the blue and white rendering.  

I think we are also seeing what looks like the grill on the upper floors of the garage (Central Ave side) as it appears in this rendering. Let's hope!

IMG_1343.JPG

Edited by prahaboheme

Part time Solaire resident here. Love the building and everything living downtown has to offer, but I gotta admit there is something about the look of this building that is a little off.  I wouldn’t go as far as calling it hideous, but as I compare it to the Modera it sure looks blah. What exactly is missing and what did they do wrong? 

10 minutes ago, SolaireNH said:

Part time Solaire resident here. Love the building and everything living downtown has to offer, but I gotta admit there is something about the look of this building that is a little off.  I wouldn’t go as far as calling it hideous, but as I compare it to the Modera it sure looks blah. What exactly is missing and what did they do wrong? 

They built a better parking garage probably...

57 minutes ago, SolaireNH said:

To me it looks truncated. 

It looks like it used to be taller then somehow got chopped off. 

I think it's that flat roof line. It would look better if they'd gone up a little further in the center section where that white overhang thing is.

JMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SolaireNH said:

10 more stories and a taller pedestal.  The height of the pedestal along Central Ave is just a little taller than the thickness of the tower is thick.  It looks weak.  That pedestal should've been taller.  Maybe Solaire's is skewing my frame of reference.  It looks like the natural size of what that design should've been was chopped down by a lot, not a little.

4 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Disassembled cranes are being loaded onto flatbeds this morning on Rosalind.  I’m not sure who decided Friday during rush hour was a good idea to close 2 lanes but off they go 

Turns out these things take a while.  Rosalind is down to one lane for crane removal from 6am this morning until 6am Monday morning.   I guess Friday rush hour did make more sense than Monday 

53 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

10 more stories and a taller pedestal.  The height of the pedestal along Central Ave is just a little taller than the thickness of the tower is thick.  It looks weak.  That pedestal should've been taller.  Maybe Solaire's is skewing my frame of reference.  It looks like the natural size of what that design should've been was chopped down by a lot, not a little.

If you're coming from the S or E, it looks great. Coming from the west - it looks super stumpy. I like it though. Good addition that somewhat connects CBD with South Eola. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

I wouldn't have minded Modera in South Eola but in the CBD it just looks odd IMO

I agree with this.  However, the street/sidewalk treatments that this will have should fit well for the CBD.  The City does a good job of making developers use the appropriate sidewalk treatments for particular parts of the downtown area.

• Like 1

What is disappointing to me, is that from across Lake Eola, Modera will just blend in with the rest of the cluster of unimpressive buildings behind it and pretty much disappear.

In the sense that that particular location, above just about all others, was possibly the most prime spot for a signature skyline building in all of downtown, one that would be featured in just about every photo of downtown Orlando that will be published anywhere for decades to come, the city just seemed oblivious to that, and afaic, totally dropped the ball at the goal line. 

Apparently that wasn't even a consideratidon with them. Especially when they cut the already unimpressive height down another four stories. 

Rubes.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, JFW657 said:

What is disappointing to me, is that from across Lake Eola, Modera will just blend in with the rest of the cluster of unimpressive buildings behind it and pretty much disappear.

In the sense that that particular location, above just about all others, was possibly the most prime spot for a signature skyline building in all of downtown, one that would be featured in just about every photo of downtown Orlando that will be published anywhere for decades to come, the city just seemed oblivious to that, and afaic, totally dropped the ball at the goal line. 

Apparently that wasn't even a consideratidon with them. Especially when they cut the already unimpressive height down another four stories. 

Rubes.

i agree with you, since this began to be built ive been worried about how much it would cover up Sun Trust and Solaire , which imo is an iconic part of the skyline from that POV

On 2/17/2018 at 2:31 PM, spenser1058 said:

Given that the University Club is still overwhelmingly White, Protestant, straight and mostly male, they don't need the 7-Eleven crowd to look askance at. Most any of us would fill the bill nicely. If you must, the Citrus Club is much more egalitarian.

You think Randy Piper and Chris Holmes are members of U-Club?  LOL.

waspprog1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2018 at 9:31 PM, orlandouprise said:

I wouldn't have minded Modera in South Eola but in the CBD it just looks odd IMO

From across Lake Eola, this building looks like it is no taller that Capital Plaza I or II.  I didn't realize it was so short.  I don't like that one bit, but it is what it is.  That being said, it does play off of Capital Plaza and gives both towers a sense of scale they didn't have before because they are clad in glass.

• Like 1