Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

9 hours ago, HankStrong said:

The Dapper Doctor (Pertwee) was my favorite as a kid

My first foray into the world of the Timelords was with Tom Baker.  But then I saw reruns with Jon and I was like, this guy is a bad ass.  And, the storylines with The Master as his nemesis were brilliant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cwetteland said:

Liked the later Silurians during the time of the 11th.   Especially,  Madam Vastra and her wife Jenny.  

That whole Vastra, Jenny, and Strax story line was very good.  Too bad it was so short lived.

Pardon me for digressing for just a moment but I went back and reviewed some of the poster who shall not be named's posts over the past several weeks and I've noticed that, for a person ostensibly from here there is a dearth of anything that suggests any familiarity with the area.Instead, it's mostly facts and figures (often bereft of actual interpretation.) Having done oppo research for candidates once upon a time, one learns what is not said is often more important than what is. It leads me to wonder what the poster's goal is. Nevertheless, great pics!

Edited by spenser1058

38 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Pardon me for digressing for just a moment but I went back and reviewed some of the poster who shall not be named's posts over the past several weeks and I've noticed that, for a person ostensibly from here there is a dearth of anything that suggests any familiarity with the area.Instead, it's mostly facts and figures (often bereft of actual interpretation.) Having done oppo research for candidates once upon a time, one learns what is not said is often more important than what is. It leads me to wonder what the poster's goal is. Nevertheless, great pics!

Spenser, I've never had a problem with anything you have said. 

You seem reasonable and I agree with much of what you say.

Do tell me though...why does there have to be some conspiracy for me to disagree about the quality of local jobs?

Seriously?

I don't feel obligated to prove I live local.  But let me give it a shot. 

I love Lineage but haven't been to the new one on Colonial.  Does it have food, or just coffee like the East End Market location.

My kids love the M&M store and Crayola Factory at FL Mall and My daughter loves the American Girl. 

I can't wait for the new Shake Shack at Milkenia. I've stopped going to the WP one because of parking problems. 

Park Avenue was much better before The Gap, Starbucks and Panera arrived (although I admit Iiked the old Banana Republic).

My favorite local spot is the State Steet Marke in Winter Garden.  Wish it was in Orlando. We drove out there this past weekend for a spring-planting festival and ate at the 4 Rivers out there.

I used to eat at Lorenzo'a Pizza in SoDo.  That place later became Pulse.  The Pulse thing really hit me hard (although I didn't know anyone there when it happened).  

(As an aside about SoDo, my Seattle-born wife is super pissed that Orlando ripped off the SoDo name from the Seattle neighborhood; which was itself a cheap ripoff to NYC's TriBeCa).

There used to be dollar-movie theaters at 17-92 & Lee Road, as well as the Plaza and in the "Hourglass District" (near the Winn-Dixie).

Does that prove anything?

Edited by I am Reality

On 4/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, I am Reality said:

Spenser, I've never had a problem with anything you have said. 

You seem reasonable and I agree with much of what you say.

Do tell me though...why does there have to be some conspiracy for me to disagree about the quality of local jobs?

Seriously?

I don't feel obligated to prove I live local.  But let me give it a shot. 

I love Lineage but haven't been to the new one on Colonial.  Does it have food, or just coffee like the East End Market location.

My kids love the M&M store and Crayola Factory at FL Mall and My daughter loves the American Girl. 

I can't wait for the new Shake Shack at Milkenia. I've stopped going to the WP one because of parking problems. 

Park Avenue was much better before The Gap, Starbucks and Panera arrived (although I admit Iiked the old Banana Republic).

My favorite local spot is the State Steet Marke in Winter Garden.  Wish it was in Orlando. We drove out there this past weekend for a spring-planting festival and ate at the 4 Rivers out there.

I used to eat at Lorenzo'a Pizza in SoDo.  That place later became Pulse.  The Pulse thing really hit me hard (although I didn't know anyone there when it happened).  

(As an aside about SoDo, my Seattle-born wife is super pissed that Orlando ripped off the SoDo name from the Seattle neighborhood; which was itself a cheap ripoff to NYC's TriBeCa).

There used to be dollar-movie theaters at 17-92 & Lee Road, as well as the Plaza and in the "Hourglass District" (near the Winn-Dixie).

Does that prove anything?

Yeah, but, to be objective as possible, there were a few instances where you did not know some stuff that was considered commonplace info on these boards, which made it look like you were flying off the handle without knowing  that much about the subject, hence, Spenser's comment about thinking you may not be from here (if you are the one he was alluding to).  If not, please disregard.

That being said, I don't know everything about everything...so it's all good.

These screens do look much better than the renderings suggested. This was the one part of the project that had me concerned as they appeared to clash with the rest of the building. Instead, it provides an interesting visual element to the intersection. Modera is definitely a net positive, IMO.