Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

10 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Careful.... you'll get quoted and excoriated in a Coffee House thread by a guy with 165 posts. :rolleyes:

BWAH!  Spenser and I didn't even get quoted!  You are the champion.

10 hours ago, WAJAS98 said:

Eh... I wouldn't call it "excoriated,' but it was necessary given recent events, and I don't think post count means much when it comes to that.  I'm on another forum where a version of this happened a while ago.  The only way things got back on track with meaningful discussion was when someone neutral intervened.  Evidently, it worked a second time.  Although, not in the way I would want.  I can continue discussing this with you if you want in the new thread.

I'm glad to see you've taken up the Mantle of Extreme Importance!  I really get and agree with some of the things you said, but the past month's out of character posts have been entirely based on that DB telling everyone he's so smart and everyone else is so stupid.  Followed up by stats, a semi-retraction, re-stating his point as a more direct insult, saying he isn't well-informed (but he's super informed on everything), insulting people, blaming others, playing the victim, random stuff, lather, rinse, repeat.

Although, I don't think your mini-modding was necessary, I do agree that ugliness isn't needed around here.  It was a byproduct of IAR, but it will go away when he does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, opivys85 said:

Wife and I are moving to Orlando and spent the past few days looking at apartments downtown. CitiTower was super nice if you can afford it. For what it's worth, they told us it is currently 70% occupied. Here are some pictures with Modera in it that I took while there.

Welcome back and great pics!  I mean it's a little high, but that does seem to be the going rate.  A 1/1 in 55W was $1400 when I was shopping 6 years ago, and my 2/2 that I ended up getting, I was paying $1800 a month for before I moved out.  I'm sure that whoever is renting it now is paying more than me after being there for 5 years.

That was one of the reasons I couldn't wait for Citi and Modera to get built.  Was hoping the addition of inventory would stabilize prices, but with housing in general the way it is, doesn't appear like that's the case.

57 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Welcome back and great pics!  I mean it's a little high, but that does seem to be the going rate.  A 1/1 in 55W was $1400 when I was shopping 6 years ago, and my 2/2 that I ended up getting, I was paying $1800 a month for before I moved out.  I'm sure that whoever is renting it now is paying more than me after being there for 5 years.

That was one of the reasons I couldn't wait for Citi and Modera to get built.  Was hoping the addition of inventory would stabilize prices, but with housing in general the way it is, doesn't appear like that's the case.

You can get a 1/1 at 55W for a bit more than $1400 now. I think with all the building in South Eola - and its age - they cant charge the same. 

11 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

Do you think we will ever have a doorman at any of these condo projects ala NYC?  For 3k I better get some panache...don't you think?

At 420, they have one guy who might as well be one. He's super nice. He's a front desk guy but is always there. Opens doors for you, etc. 

21 minutes ago, bqknight said:

You can get a 1/1 at 55W for a bit more than $1400 now. I think with all the building in South Eola - and its age - they cant charge the same. 

At 420, they have one guy who might as well be one. He's super nice. He's a front desk guy but is always there. Opens doors for you, etc. 

Lol. I'm talking a REAL doorman. Uniform, cap and all?

29 minutes ago, codypet said:

That pool is gonna get so much shade.

Certainly during the later afternoon hours and all day long during the winter months when the sun is low in the southern sky.

Hopefully for the residents, the pool itself will be heated, but once you get out.... :cold:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't agree more.  By far the project that has gone from "Meh, well at least it's replacing a parking lot." to "Wow, that's actually a pretty spiffy building."

I think they're behind schedule.  Any timeline on tenant move-in (both residential and commercial)?  I'm intrigued to see if Rosalind gets truly activated.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Couldn't agree more.  By far the project that has gone from "Meh, well at least it's replacing a parking lot." to "Wow, that's actually a pretty spiffy building."

I think they're behind schedule.  Any timeline on tenant move-in (both residential and commercial)?  I'm intrigued to see if Rosalind gets truly activated.

When I was looking there they were telling people September 15.