Modera Central | 23-Story Residential

bic

On 9/24/2018 at 10:09 AM, nite owℓ said:

Is it me, or does the avg household income for each neighborhood seem a little off?

1501975892_HHIncomes.thumb.jpg.a7ceb48a2d102e70b66c6cd7c0ecb4b8.jpg

I think it's hilarious that Lake Eola/South Eola neighborhood is covered by the Modera logo and not included while our stats would show waaay more people in the area.. our population is 1,928 which is more than Eola Heights and Thornton Park combined. As for avg income, 2016 stats for Thornton Park was $78,609 so unless they found a way to nearly double their salaries in 2yrs - yeah, I'd say the chart is way off. Haha

They didn't forget to include you guys, they just lumped South Eola in with the CBD (each color coded tag corresponds with the highlighted neighborhood). I was more surprised to see College Park's earnings were significantly higher than Winter park's (and questioned the seemingly exaggerated incomes overall), but @leondecollao clarified some of my perceived discrepancies.

738089403_Screenshot_2018-09-25Modera-Centralpdf.thumb.jpg.a411b91a57ae4b825a53786797e3e1ef.jpg

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

Dang, they left half of Lake Como out of that map.  Not just the neighborhood, but half of the actual Lake.

Edit: Looking at it closer, these neighborhoods are all messed up.  Like Audubon Park and Colonialtown North are swapped.  The Milk District includes Colonialtown South, but not the area immediately south of the Milk District (Where Barley&Vine and Whiskey Lou's are)  The area along South St where the Housing Authority has those projects is also absent.

Edited by codypet

4 hours ago, HankStrong said:

UNLESS you get to give out swords that let people rule entire countries.  That's a pretty good position to be in from IN a lake.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you! If I went sround sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

^^

JFW657, I don't know what point you were making with that clip from Holy Grail.  It really doesn't matter,  Just the mere fact that you posted that gets you a "like" from me, Sir Galahad.  I love that flick.

I was responding to this post by Hank Strong:

On 9/26/2018 at 2:44 PM, HankStrong said:

UNLESS you get to give out swords that let people rule entire countries.  That's a pretty good position to be in from IN a lake.

I assumed it was that part of that movie that he was referencing. ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I was responding to this post by Hank Strong:

I assumed it was that part of that movie that he was referencing. ;)

Now I'm going to watch Holy Grail for the five thousandth time tonight!  "True authority comes from a mandate from the masses..." not some watery tart..."  LOVE IT!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

To be fair, I was just referencing the Lady of the Lake in general.  The Holy Grail clip perfectly fits, but I was just referring to the general King Arthur story.

I kinda thought that also might be the case. Then I thought that if by some chance you weren't referencing the MP clip, you might not know that the text of that clip I originally posted in response, was from the movie and that you might have thought those were my words and taken them the wrong way. The main reason I posted the clip was to clear up any possible confusion. Either way, MP stuff is always fun to watch for any reason or no reason at all. Win-win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...