bic

Modera Central | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

I saw fence permit applications on the City website a couple of weeks ago so that should not take long to straighten out.

19 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Are they really building this?

8 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Let's hope not.

All the telltale signs are manifesting themselves, it looks like:

vwMinh.jpg

I still would be very surprised if they secured financing as of now considering the current market. However, they are doing a good job slow-rolling it and making baby steps forward, especially compared to the other two apartment highrises that were seeking approval at the same time, which by now everyone has to realize were decoys to sell the underlying land. It will all come down to demo - you know they won't knock down the current building unless it is 100% a go. 

At this point with the slowdown I am for this going up because it might be the last "high rise" we see after Citi Tower. Rather see a hideous high rise attached to a racist club than just a racist club and a parking lot.

Edited by GTR

8 hours ago, Jernigan said:

What has to happen by 8/1 to avoid the OCPS fee increase? CO?

Typically the building permit

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GTR said:

I still would be very surprised if they secured financing as of now considering the current market. However, they are doing a good job slow-rolling it and making baby steps forward, especially compared to the other two apartment highrises that were seeking approval at the same time, which by now everyone has to realize were decoys to sell the underlying land. It will all come down to demo - you know they won't knock down the current building unless it is 100% a go. 

At this point with the slowdown I am for this going up because it might be the last "high rise" we see after Citi Tower. Rather see a hideous high rise attached to a racist club than just a racist club and a parking lot.

Seriously ? A number of cities are experiencing historic (or near historic) booms ... and Orlando winds up with a 23 story rental and maybe a 22 story rental ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dale said:

Seriously ? A number of cities are experiencing historic (or near historic) booms ... and Orlando winds up with a 23 story rental and maybe a 22 story rental ?

Unfortunately yes. It's sad but true.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2016 at 7:40 AM, tennis32801 said:

Why cant they just buy the Tradition Tower plans and build that instead. Sounds so easy.

I've wondered the same thing before myself.

On 7/4/2016 at 10:44 AM, JFW657 said:

I've wondered the same thing before myself.

Tradition Towers is too expensive to construct. Remember how much it was advertised to buy one? 

4 hours ago, jack said:

Tradition Towers is too expensive to construct. Remember how much it was advertised to buy one? 

I think it was $600,000 for about a 1400 sq ft 2 bedroom split plan on the 20th floor facing north if I recall

The building plans are in for their third (and probably final) review right now.  Comments are due on 7/26.  This looks very promising.

9 minutes ago, FLClarkKent said:

The Sentinel is reporting that the University Club sold their property today, moving this project forward. Construction to begin late 2016. 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-university-club-modera-20160801-story.html

Mitigation demo should start late this week

22 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

What does mitigation demo mean?

This is just a guess, but I would think it has to do with hazardous material removal...?

Or maybe not.

• Like 1